PlayStation 2

TotallyOz
This topic is 7257 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

If you are looking to buy a Play Station 2 in Thailand be careful. Many of the large stores sell Modified versions. This means that they play games that have been copied as opposed to the original game.

Me, being the typical American, would not buy a game station that was modified to play games that were illegal. So, I buy the original PlayStation 2. I then go on a search in Pattaya to find some good games for the unit. After 8 stores and almost 3 hours, I found that most stores do not have original games. Most have the copies which my station does not play.

Why you ask? Well, I bought 2 original games. One was 3k baht and one was 6k baht. This is a great deal of money here and not something most Thai's could afford. The copies of the same games were 300 baht. Thus, the major difference.

I can have my PlayStation modified but I think I will just order my games from the states as they are much cheaper there than they were here. I will also make a quick trip to Bangkok next week to see if I can find some more games there. The selection and the pickings were very slim here in Pattaya.

However, my companion and his friends loved the system and stayed in last night all night playing soccer. It is now 10am here and they are still there playing without any sleep. :) It most certainly captured their attention! :)

Archived