Ride on the Wild Side

TotallyOz
This topic is 7277 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Since I have decided to stay in Thailand for a while this trip, I knew it was time to act more like a Thai than an American. Yesterday, I made a few baby steps in that direction.

Having had a motorcycle accident on a motorcycle taxi, I knew that the danger was in the driver. So, I went out and purchased a motorcycle. At 125cc it is plenty of power to get me around over here and take me back and forth to the beach. The Honda Wave 125i is just what the doctor called for when I woke up and my leg was scared from the taxi accident the day before.

I have driven motorcycles since I was a kid but, since becoming an adult I put away my childish things and would only drive a Harley in the US. Well, a big bike here is not as useful and as easy to get around. So, my new motorbike is small, sleek and stylish. It is just what the doctor order.

And, just in case I don't post here for a week or two sometime in the near future, someone please check out the local Thai hospitals just in case my driving is worse than the taxi drivers! :)

Lesson 1: Do not wear open toe shoes when riding a bike!

Lesson 2: When you go to beach expect it to pour rain later in the afternoon and when it does, you have to return to hotel on the motorcycle you went to beach on. :) The ride can be a bit wet and at times, the puddles of water become pools. :) All in a day's lessons in Thailand! :)

Lesson 3: Baht Buses stop fast and it is not smart to ride to close to them.

Lesson 4: Do not wear open toe shoes when riding a bike!

Guest icon513

And make sure you take the trouble to get a Thai driver's license. You will find yourself in trouble with the cops if you don't have one.

Guest Tampa Yankee

>I we don't hear from you for awhile, we will hope to find you

>aline in a hospital.

>

>

I think you need to come up for air more often. :p

RE: Sorry

Hey guys, I am not that bad of a driver! Well, ok. I guess I am the slowest here. But, just because I don't get out of second gear does not mean that I will have accidents. Well, actually, today was a hard day for me on the bike. But, I will skip the story of the drag queen that yelled at me for driving too slow or the bath bus that rode my ass for 8 blocks. Normally, I am just fine with someone riding my ass for a bit but a huge bus? Damm, I can barely take Edwardo! :)

Guest Tampa Yankee

>Damm, I can barely take Edwardo!

>:)

ROFL... too funny.

Want me to send him along! He's been sidelined of late. :D I passed Troy along to a Canadian friend that keeps him occupied. I miss Troy... and my Canadian friend too. I'm sure they make a hot couple.. }(

>Want me to send him along! He's been sidelined of late. :D I

>passed Troy along to a Canadian friend that keeps him

>occupied. I miss Troy... and my Canadian friend too. I'm

>sure they make a hot couple.. }(

OM TY: Too funny! How about you send both Troy and your Canadian friend? :) That sounds like a lovely time for me. :)

Archived