Bangkok - I loved it

kjun
This topic is 7369 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

My visit to Bangkok and Chiang Mai is one of the greatest vacations of my life. I felt like a kid in a giant candy store. If you are in the least inclined to Asian guys then you will be in paradise.

How to get there: Singapore Airlines if you can arrange it. They provide the best service I have ever encountered. This is a first class airline even in economy class.

Where to stay in Bangkok: Malaysia Hotel. A real bargain at $18 per night. Clean, nice staff, good restaurant. Simply walk out of the front door turn left onto the patio and decide what boy you want. Strike up a conversation and you’re set. Another place which is more upscale is Tarntawan Hotel. The cost is about $40. No boys to choose from but this is not really a problem as you will see below. Main advantage is that it is located closer to the bars. There is no problem in having a boy come to your room at either of these places. They do require that the boy leave his ID at the desk but this is for your safety. If he attempts to leave without you they will check with you to see if all is OK.

The Boys: Oh wow. I am really missing it right now. The main bar I went to is the Telephone Bar on Silom Soi 4. All you have to do is walk into the place, see a boy you like and approach him. Just strike up a conversation. Most speak English. If you are shy, just smile at someone and he will come to talk to you. Buy him a drink and you’re home free. These boys do not like to be considered hustlers or money-boys. That is exactly what they are but just don’t like to talk about that. Their contention is they’re doing it because they like you. Of course you must express your liking of them by some means. This should be around 1000 Baht or $25. You may substitute some gift of jewelry of equal value or something the boy may suggest. Just be careful. Many are gold diggers and will try to get you to buy them the moon. Also, it appears best to not “hook up” with one boy. Move around between the many available, lest you get too fond of one and, remember these are money-boys. Don’t let your heart become involved. Another reason to move around is that you will avoid becoming too involved and thus not as great a target of the “Please buy this for me.” approach. I never had a problem with theft. Certainly it happens but just be sensible. Deposit excess cash or valuables in the hotel safe. If you like muscle boys try the Tawan Bar. Hunky to muscle is their specialty. It’s located on Soi Thantawan an alley off Suriwong Road (major street).

Orienting yourself: Check out the Dreaded Ned website. It is full of useful information including maps of gay bars, hotels, etc. http://www.dreadedned.com/directory/index/1/

Another excellent provider of information is http://www.gay-thailand.net/gay-life.htm This document gives excellent information and advice on gay life in Bangkok.

I have just mentioned a couple of bars. There are many Gay bars, discos, baths, etc. Have a good time!

the Cajun

kjun, does Bangkok still have those infamous sex shows...you know, the ones where the guys are fucking right on your lap? What were your favorite bars?

Did you go to the Big Dick contest at Twilight? You know, the one where they disprove the stereotype that all Asian men are small?

Unfortunately, Lucky, the shows are not so great. The police have hit all of the places very hard in recent times. Nudity is no longer allowed. All bars must close by 2 AM.

My main hangouts were the Telephone Bar and the Balcony. There were enough boys for me at those places.

the Cajun

Archived