About Gay Travel Brasil

CarloRio
This topic is 5759 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Gay Travel Brasil (former Romanus Travel Services) http://www.gaytravelbrasil.com has nothing to do with http://www.gaytravelbrazil.com, which is a forum that provides some travel services (in its beginnings it used to buy the services from us).

Anyway Gay Travel Brasil is no forum but a travel operator which continues to provide the best options to gay travellers to Brasil and we still offer these service options for members of this and other South American travel related forum.

We have specials at Rio´s Atlantico Copacabana starting at US$ 83,00 (taxes and breakfast included) and other special offers at a number of other good gay-friendly hotels in Brazil and South America.

So next time you think of visiting Brazil, visit http://www.gaytravelbrasil.com (with an "s").

:-)

It´s good to see that this Forum is pretty active.

Now answering the comments:

we chose this name because it suits our business and since we are a real travel operator, besides we´re no forum, therefore we are in completely different line of business to that forum which has a name similar to ours. And as there was no trademark on the name at that time, we found it fit, and we´re in the middle of the process of trademarking it. It´s a great name don´t you think?

As for the apartment in Copacabana, I think you´re talking about a flat about one block down from the Atlantico towards the beach and we´ve had a number of customers staying there and we never had such a complaint. Anyway I guess the apartment served your purpose as you didn´t ask to change at the time. After all, it was a great bargain at the time and you got what you paid for. Had you complained we´d definitely moved you somewhere else such as the Atlantico, where we always have had the best preferred rates, but it would have cost you more. Sometimes when you rent a budget apartment or hotel, mold is something you have to put up with, specially in a beach town. But I don´t recall you having security issues nor problem bringing in visitors, which are the major concerns of some visitors. Anyway had we known how upset you were and had you be willing to pay a bit more, we´d definitely had you moved elsewhere.

"Brasil" is the portuguese spelling of the country's name. It's just one letter off from the English spelling, if you want to look at it that way. The travel site existed long before the other travel forum. For what it's worth, I've used Gay Travel Brasil for all my planning for years and have been very satisfied. But remember, they are a travel AGENT. They aren't providing the services themselves but arranging them with others. If something goes wrong, or you are dissatisfied, they have to know about it before they can fix it. And, without commenting on any particular situation, you, dear reader, can understand that dealing with fussy old queens all day is not the easiest job a person could have! SF Traveler

Guest msclonly

Sounds nice, but........

My Concerns were voiced on being introduced to the apt, and was totaly ignored! Even the phone was not operable. I had to go down to the entrance desk to call your offices several times to get it fixed.

Leaking gas stove smell with kitchen windowslocked in open position during a fierce storm, broken down sofa, inoperable window blinds, broken floor lamp, no running water and/or cold water at times most every day etc, etc, revealed themselves over time. I just recalled, that I had to call your ofices about the lack of any maid service, and a change of the thin worn out towels!

Sure there maybe other decent private apartments rented in the same building, but the one assigned to me SHOULD HAVE BEEN SCREENED BY YOU and not rented to ANYONE!

Coming from sleepless all night flights, I was not up to thinking fast enough for negotiating, finding and moving to another apartment bluiding. I recall, that you did not give me have any other choices prior to my arrival. Prescreening and providing a decent place speaks more about your services, regardless of price. Could have covered Atlantico with the apartment price, since they were the same.

Guest dreynsol

RE: Sounds nice, but........

"And as there was no trademark on the name at that time, we found it fit, and we´re in the middle of the process of trademarking it. It´s a great name don´t you think?"

First of all, you're not providing a product, it's a service. So, it's a Service Mark, not a Trade Mark.

And, I'm glad you like the name since Trilingual and I thought of it a year before you did.

According to the Internet's "Who Is" domain registry,

GayTravelBrazil.com was registered: Record created on 23-May-2005

GayTravelBrasil.com was registered: Creation Date: 17-may-2006

So evidently, you liked it enough to copy it. :D

Over the years, I'm proud of the service GayTravelBrazil.com has provided, and in the rare case that someone is dissatisfied, we've issued a full refund. Unless you've changed your policies, that is not the way you operate.

Also, I understand you derive most of your profit from straight travelers through your numerous other ventures. Our only market is gay travelers to Brazil (with a Z)

You've told me you're not interested in providing an informative Forum, or valuable information to gay travelers to Brazil. So, I'm assuming it's all about the cash.

But, I wish you luck since you are providing cheap travel arrrangements to gay travelers.

- Drey

I have used both services.

I have met all of the principals in person.

I like Carlo. I met him on my first trip and he made my arrangements for my first couple of trips.

I used Drey and his site for one trip and had no problems or complaints.

Drey's site has a huge amount of information (some of which it appears came from this forum's FAQ section, much of it from Tri, SF traveler, Tomcal, and others ((forgive me if I do not name you)).)

The forum on this site used to be very active and is how I became aware of Brazil and Carlo . I think that at the time Tri left as a moderator of this site, the other forum was started as an alternative when this site went down for a time. In those early days, Drey and his site used Carlo for travel arrangements. I am not privy to what caused the divorce, nor is it any of my business.

I then used Carlo again for my last trip (as I mentioned in another thread) and had some problems which stemmed from bad communication. I believe Carlo has many more things going on and also leads some tours out of town on occasion, so he is not always available to contact if there is a problem.

Both guys are great and used to work together. I just think it is sometimes harder to find Carlo if there is a problem. I know he has had to deal with some very difficult customers. I have met some of them and heard him talk about others. I do not think I am in the category of difficult. but communication and customer service is EVERYTHING in arranging travel and the best attitude for a service provider is NO attitude.

Guest dreynsol

Jackhammer, I know, and I still DO consider Carlo my friend, as well.

There was nothing personal about us going separate ways, just differing business philosophies.

And, I was sincere in wishing him the best of luck. We did book a lot of travel with him in the past so I think the relationship was successful for him, and our initial intent was to help him, not diminish his business in any way. We were most likely a very good customer for at least a year or so.

Obviously, I felt betrayed a bit due to the name he selected to promote his business after what I thought was a very good relationship.

That's neither here nor there.

But, I don't think this Forum is appropriate for commercial endeavors. It didn't use to be when I was once a frequent poster.

Life's too short to haggle about our differences, we all love Brazil. I think, based on our efforts, Trilingual and my motivations have always been to help gay travelers visit Brazil with the best knowledge and experience available to them.

Our endeavor with GayTravelBrazil.com has been able to help pay back Trilingual a little bit for his years of informing us. One can just see the thousands of views in this section over the years to gain an appreciation of his efforts.

So, there are no hard feelings whether you like Carlo, or cervejas over cuba livres... let's just enjoy Brazil and have a Brazilian heart.

And, that's all I'm going to say about this matter. :-)

- Drey

I gave a cursory read of this thread, and all that I can say and without ANY reservations is that Carlo has been simply GREAT in providing and fulfilling all of my travel needs to and in Brasil since 2003. (I've been to Brasil 7Xs during the past 6 years!)

He's booked lodgings, plane tickets, etc. for me from Rio to the Amazonia area to Bahia (Salvador), Sao Paulo, Curitba, Foz do Iguacu, and a few vital components for one of my trips to Buenos Aires. I have been more than pleased even when I encounted one unexpected gllitch!

As the old adage goes, "Don't let one bad apple spoil the lot!" Or however which way that it goes. If one person had a bad experience and the majority of the others didn't-- this should NOT impede future clients for seeking out the expertise of Carlo and his travel organization. After all sometimes it is better going with someone who is native to an area, and THIS IS NOT being written to cast an aspersions on Drey's operation in anyyway.

I have used both agencies, too and was satisfied with their services. But my last trip to Brazil (Nov 2007), I went to Buzio's and drey booked me to a very nice hotel, CASA BRANCAS and was very surprised that my room was upgraded when I checked in. So it is just personal preference who you want to book your trip to Brazil.

Guest dreynsol

I was kidding as well, Lucky.

Warren Buffett once said he would never invest in an airline stock, even if he were able to own all of them. I think the same applies to travel companies these days.

But, it has been fun chatting with people over the years. Especially the ones that are going to Brazil for the first time.

Ax, you make a good point about dealing with a native Brazilian, but I can't even track down my Brazilian boyfriend and get him on the phone :p

In Barr's case, all of the standard rooms were booked up, so we upgraded him to a nicer room at our cost. So, we do the best we can especially for our loyal customers, and trust me, it's not always easy booking travel in Brazil.

After a long period of silence, I sent Carlo an e-mail the other day and he responded back earlier today.

We agreed to put our differences aside and no longer discuss them.

Now, can anyone think of another spelling for GayTravelArgentina.com LOL

Thanks to all,

- Drey

Archived