Point 202 Music

williewanker2
This topic is 6719 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Last night I went to the party held at Point 202 to celebrate the owner´s birthday. It was a big dissapointment and I left after an hour. It illustrates a problem for me at some of the saunas in Rio, namely, the music.

The owner of Point (Junior) seems to think that he is operating a disco rather rather than a male #### house. The music had a constant very loud bass beat that shakes the whole place. I complained at the desk but was ignored.

I suspect that the owner selects the music that appeals to him and the sauna boys. However, they are not the paying customers.

On an earlier trip, a similar problem occurred at Estachio, another sauna owned by Junior. They had a live show in the lounge but the music was so loud that all of the customers left.

In the future, I will restrict my visits to the other large sauna 117. At least, one can escape to the lower lounge where the music is usually played at reasonable levels.

Guest msclonly

Traveling with Ear Plugs

It is not funny to have to say the same thing! But I suspect the matter has gotten even worse. Perhaps the powers that be might need an ear lavage to improve hearing.

On a number of occasions over several trips, I have spoken to the boss man about the deafening NOISE the LOUD MUSIC CREATES!

It is impossible to even talk to someone or offer a drink. You would think, that the owners would realize it cuts into their bar profits.

For example, this past July, I spoke to the main man about the DEFENING NOISE FROM THE HIGH VOLUME DISTORTING THE MUSIC and making it impossible to converse. There was very little interaction with the boys from most of the customers.

When the music volume was turned down to almost a decent listening level, the communications picked up between everyone present with a lot more sales at the bar. Everyone was having a much better time and it was far easier to connect! The guys filled up the seats at the tables!

Oh yes, often the Bass and Treble is turned up to distortion on high volume. It is happening everywhere including bar/restaurants in the U.S., where many go to socialize at the bar. The first time I went into the neighborhood Chilis Jr, I was told there was NO volume control on the receiver. Intersting, a bit later the volume was turned down some, but not enough to enjoy eating comfortably.

It was even more irritatiing since it was early for dinner, and the waiter could not hear me, nor could I hear him. The place was empty, so the noise echoed throughout.

I didn't go back for a couple of years. Recently I went back closer to closing time. It was the same story. The bar was full, the air conditioner was still on from the afternoon. The bar was full of locals and guests of the two nearby Marriotts. Had to convince them, the air conditioner was still on, and tjat the temperature had dropped outside to a cold fall temperature. The waiter was really not interested. Finally, the Manager assured me, that the heat had been turned on to stop the COLD draft. I was almost finished with my snack!

All of this is more the norm where ever you go. The Disco's have DJ's often behind glass partitions with noise canceling earphones on in many cases and not in direct fire of the speakers. I suspect their ear drums have already been damaged to the point, that they can't hear what volume they are playing at.

Trips to LeBoy can be close to permanently deafening. One Sunday nite, the 'guest' DJ had the volume so loud, that my ear drums hurt for a couple of weeks after! I am NOT making this up. NO one could talk to one another. They do have great equipement,though! BUt LeBoy's other problem is they don't have the air conditioning turned on, often! Gets plenty of toxic air with a crowd.

My conclusion is that the LOUD DISTORTED MUSIC gives a false sense of having fun! Maybe it is a distorted sense of having fun at best! But the bad rock in the US is extra irritatiing under those circumstances.

That's my story and I am sticking to it!

}(

RE: Point 202 Food

I am now glad that the loud music forced me to leave Point 202 early in the evening. It turns out that people got sick from the party food provided by the management.

The food was brought in at about 6:30 and left in a roped off area. It seemed to consist of cold cuts, potato salad, cake, and so forth. I was told that it was not available to be eaten until 11:30 when it was devoured by dozens of mostly hungry sauna boys. They were the ones that got sick.

One can only imagine what organisms were growing in this food after being left out for five hours in a hot steamy sauna.

Guest msclonly

RE: Point 202 Food

The same happens to the speaker cones over a much longer period of time, like YEARS. The humidity, smoke, and exercised at TOP volume causes the polymorphic material in the speakers to AGE poorly and DISTORT the vibrations called music! The difference is the speakers can't take time out to recover and are FORCED to work at excess levels unlike the Boys!

}(

Guest msclonly

Cosy Atmosphere!

Have you noticed how hard it is to find a COSY place anywhere in the world?

Even up scale restaurants feel they have to play some kind of irritating music with loud horns or drums included or rap like singing, that one cannot understand no matter how hard you try!!

It is happening everywhere, since they want to show off their equipement. It only adds to the noise level.

Some places do not even have sound insulating ceilings and the noises of LOUD conversations and the LOUDER music just echoes around and around to become irritating noise.

}(

RE: Cosy Atmosphere!

Imodium is an essential item in any traveler's kit, but by and large food illnesses aren't a big problem in Brazil. Few travelers complain of stomach upset here, and when they do it's usually just because of the usual change in local bacteria that your body gets used to in a few days. Serious dysentery is rare, which isn't the case in some other countries. As long as you don't eat unwashed fruit and vegetables you've bought on the street, you're likely to be fine in Brazil.

Guest msclonly

For a change in Bacteria!

It is wise to have some PRIMAL DEFENSE on hand for those changes in Bacteria, that takes place while traveling and even at home.

It occurs very often with cheese and other dairy products, which is made from the pus and hormones of cow's called MILK!

You need to take some earthy microorganisms to put the colon back in working order.

;(

Archived