My nephew’s penis

phage
This topic is 8196 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest starfucker

http://www.cirp.org/library/procedure/plastibell/

>The Plastibell technique is the least-used (although admittedly grossest) form of circumcision in this country. >

The U.S. practice

of male circumcision became popular due to the belief that

it would stop masturbation. It wasn't intended to

destroy sexual pleasure but most men who are circumcised as

adults will admit to a loss of sensitivity.

(sensitivity = pleasure)>

>Would you mind giving us sources to both of these claims?.>

I had a boyfriend who was circumcised at 23. He was 26 when we met. He enjoyed oral sex but complained about the great loss of sensitivity and enjoyment due to the loss of tissue (the foreskin).

Here are two requested supporting links on the subject and more:

http://www.cirp.org/pages/parents/lostlist.html

http://www.cirp.org/pages/parents/circ-why/

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I cannot accept the statement by your friends that they didn't notice a difference in sensitivity. They may have meant that once they became fully erect there was little difference. But the non-erect penis is almost as sensitive as the eyeball because skin is very thin. After circumcision no doubt the skin begins to thicken and perhaps the nerve endings become less sensitive over time. But it just isn't possible that they found not difference in sensitivity in the non-erect penis after circumcision. Sorry.

>I'm just tired of

>the ayatollah/Taliban mentality of the anti-circumcision

>types (just like the PETA types) who know what's best for

>all the rest of us and insist

>we do as they tell us to!

No one is insisting that ANYONE do ANYTHING…it’s a DISCUSSION. I know that it is part of your religion and that makes it a sensitive topic, but no one is questioning your beliefs. If it’s an important part of being Jewish, then I’m sure almost no Jewish boys question it. However, those non-Jews among us, who had it done for no good reason…have a right to question the practice, and dare I say, advocate that it cease. I was circumcised and I DO resent it. I wish that I had been given a choice. Undoubtedly it is more painful to have done later in life, but at least it gives an adult a chance to decide what is important to him.

Guest CraigSF39

However,

>I'm not proselytizing for circumcision. I'm just tired of

>the ayatollah/Taliban mentality of the anti-circumcision

>types (just like the PETA types) who know what's best for

>all the rest of us and insist

>we do as they tell us to!

so does this mean that your not against female clitoral circumcision in Africa? Why not just cut part of the baby's ear off, or one of its fingers, rather than part of its penis? Whats the reason for cutting part of the dick off, but not part of the ear or the hand?

>The U.S. practice

>of male circumcision became popular due to the belief that

>it would stop masturbation. It wasn't intended to

>destroy sexual pleasure but most men who are circumcised as

>adults will admit to a loss of sensitivity.

>(sensitivity = pleasure)>

>

>>Would you mind giving us sources to both of these claims?.>

>

>

>I had a boyfriend who was circumcised at 23. He was 26 when

>we met. He enjoyed oral sex but complained about the great

>loss of sensitivity and enjoyment due to the loss of tissue

>(the foreskin).

>

>Here are two requested supporting links on the subject and

>more:

>

>http://www.cirp.org/pages/parents/lostlist.html

>

>http://www.cirp.org/pages/parents/circ-why/

It's just as I thought. Your only "evidence" to support your claims is unsubstantiated statements made by an anti-cirucumcision group. Those statements do not reference any kind of scientific study.

I'm a physician who takes care of newborns. I'm totally neutral on cirucumcisions, and in my over ten years of practice have never encouraged nor discouraged a single parent from a circumcision. Your arguments, however, are totally specious and tautologous (basically full of hot air). Why don't you come back in the discussion with some hard facts instead of regurgitating others' unsubstantiated opinions?

I have had to send a number of adult men for circumcisions for various reasons. Neither the urologists nor patients have ever noted decreased sexual enjoyment/pleasure as a possible side-effect. Nor have any of the men complained afterwards. Forgive me if I am skeptical about your ex-boyfriend story.

>I had a boyfriend who was circumcised at 23. He was 26 when

>we met. He enjoyed oral sex but complained about the great

>loss of sensitivity and enjoyment due to the loss of tissue

>(the foreskin).

The other thing is... If your boyfriend really did need a circumcision at the age of 23, for whatever reason, that would seem to be an argument for infant circumcision, since I don't think anyone would argue but that circumcision as an adult with general anesthesia is riskier than as a newborn.

My remarks obviously weren't read carefully. I specifically said I wasn't proselytizing for or against infant circumcision. Obviously, for those of who are Jewish or Muslim, it's a religious obligation, but I'm not "sensitive" about it with respect to it being done, or not done, on infants whose religious beliefs don't require it.

I also made clear that I very much oppose female "circumcision," which is indeed a deliberate mutilation of women for the purpose of destroying their ability to experience sexual pleasure, as well as to be controlled in certain very traditional (and ignorant) male-dominated social groups.

As for sensitivity erect vs. non-erect, I never framed the question that way, so I can't speak to it. As I framed the question to the guys I know who were circumcised as adults, it was directed to whether or not they experienced any change or diminution in sexual pleasure and their response was "no."

P.S. As far as things being done to us children, there are lots of things done to us as children over which we have no control, yet most of us don't harbor anger or resentment towards our parents for them unless they constitute real abuse. I mean, my parents raised me to be Jewish, exposing me to prejudice and bigotry that would have been avoided had I been brought up as a Christian in this majority Christian culture. I certainly don't blame my parents for raising me to be Jewish; in fact, I'm glad they did, in spite of the "downside" that goes with being a member of a not-univerally-beloved minority. So the argument about what our parents did during our childhoods don't wash much with me. In most cases, our parents were doing the best they could with the challenge of raising a child, and it's kind of ridiculous to make a big deal out of any "mistakes" they have made (with the previously mentioned exception of real abuse).

Guest starfucker

>

>It's just as I thought. Your only "evidence" to support

>your claims is unsubstantiated statements made by an

>anti-cirucumcision group. Those statements do not reference

>any kind of scientific study.

After reviewing the list of what is lost during circumcision:

http://www.cirp.org/pages/parents/lostlist.html

how could anyone, especially a man (with a penis of course), believe that sensitivity is not lessened after circumcision? Since you didn't read it in a medical journal it isn't true?

>

>I'm a physician who takes care of newborns. I'm totally

>neutral on cirucumcisions, and in my over ten years of

>practice have never encouraged nor discouraged a single

>parent from a circumcision. Your arguments, however, are

>totally specious and tautologous (basically full of hot

>air). Why don't you come back in the discussion with some

>hard facts instead of regurgitating others' unsubstantiated

>opinions?

Doctor, your expressed opinions on this discussion board prove that you are far from neutral on the subject. I find it appalling that you are an educated medical professional who doesn't believe that cutting away nerve enriched foreskin will not reduce penile sensitivity. Your vocabulary is commendable but your prescribed treatment has lowered my respect for physicians another notch.

If every parent was better informed about the cons of circumcision I wonder how much income you would lose if your surgery rate dramatically fell? Since the procedure is covered by insurance I wonder if you $ee any cause for dissuasion?

>

>I have had to send a number of adult men for circumcisions

>for various reasons. Neither the urologists nor patients

>have ever noted decreased sexual enjoyment/pleasure as a

>possible side-effect. Nor have any of the men complained

>afterwards. Forgive me if I am skeptical about your

>ex-boyfriend story.

Hmmm, maybe I should call my ex and advise him to go back to his urologist. Do you think the good Doctor will restore his foreskin? Maybe the doctor will refund his fee if he can't restore the lost sensitivity?

Archived