San Salvador- El Salvador

floridarob
This topic is 7032 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I am going to Salvador (the country) this weekend and wanted to know if anyone here has any experience there.

I have done lots of searches and find very little info available here or on the internet.

I am going because, 1. I've never been there 2. I can get a good deal on a hotel and air.

I spoke to a friend in Ca and he has been there and said there alot of guys available and lots of goodlooking ones...I know I know, why not just goto Brasil...but a change is good sometimes and it is a big planet with other places to see.

I went on a cruise in Dec and got to see someplaces like Tahitii, Samoa, Fiji, New Zealand, Australia...and it made me wonder why I keep going back to the same 3 places (rio,bkk and Cuba basically) when there is a whole world to explore.

Dont get me wrong, I love Brasil...so chill.

So.....any info?

Thanks

It's a small country, so the scene is likely to be small, too. There are probably some bars in the capital (San Salvador). I also understand there are some attractive beaches. Other than that, it doesn't seem to be much of a vacation destination for just about anyone! Neighboring Guatemala and Nicaragua are generally considered more interesting.

El Salvador has a serious crime problem, exacerbated by deported former gang members in the U.S. Follow the same safety precautions you'd use in Rio and you should be able to avoid any unpleasant encounters.

Exactly, Big Daddy! After I read FloridaRob's thread/query, my eyes grazed the screen again, and I thought: Rob. you have nothing to apologize; you're entitled to visit other places as well as to inquire about them! Exercise this freedom, man!

Rob, have a wonderful, wonderful trip. ...sorry I couldn't make any valid recommendations to you! Axiom/Edd

I spent a night in San Salvador a few years ago and did not feel safe there. The hotel where I stayed (a good chain, but I don't remember which one now) had signs posted all over the place warning guests not to take any one to their rooms. Tri is right: the press has been filled of late with news about serious crime in El Salvador. Be very careful there.

Well, Just back....

Had an awesome time , except that I had some dog bites from a friends dog...(that I met on Gaydar)...Hope I don't die!!

Alot of VERY goodlooking guys, except the gay scene is very obscure.

anyway, had a good gay disco, gay bar and a hustler bar.

I think the gay life is very underground...in as so much as the cuties are afraid to go out anywhere.

any questions, let me know.

another mark in the holster I think!!

Thanks for the report. You more or less describe the situation that prevails in almost all small countries, like El Salvador, Uruguay, Israel, etc., most of which have only one large city.

The problem is that in such small countries everybody know everyone else (if they're not also related to them) so it's extremely difficult to keep your private life private. This makes it extremely difficult for guys who aren't "out" to their families, because everyone knows everyone else's business! A lot of gay activity in such countries takes place at private gatherings. Things have gotten better with the Internet, because it allows for a degree of privacy and anonymity that would otherwise be difficult in such a small place.

It's possible to have an enjoyable visit to such countries, but don't expect to find the wide-open, free-wheeling gay scene that exists in larger countries where it's easier to be anonymous and private.

Archived