Cheap airfares FROM Brazil?

HardnThick
This topic is 7100 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Anyone know of cheap airfares from Rio to the U.S. (ticket consolidators, charters, etc.) purchasable in Brazil?

A friend (a Brazilian citizen but a permanent resident of the U.S.) went to Brazil to visit family. He had to delay his return to the States and now, because of blackout dates, his ticket can’t be rescheduled for a couple months.

Even if a good deal requires a round trip ticket, he’ll do it and save the return for a future trip.

He desperately wants to get home (here in the U.S.) for Christmas.

Stateside I've used the services of two consolidators who are based in Miami; they're here in the archives, but I'll cite them again: brol.com, yestravel.net, and queerspecial.net; the latter two travel agencies or consolidators are connected and are 50% gay owned. This is the consolidator I used to purchase my ticket to Brasil last October '04; I think my ticket ended up costing me $575.

When a good friend of mine and I went to Carnaval in 2003, we got a pkg. deal through brol.com. Our plane tickets cost us $545 each, and we purchased them in December of 2002 or January of 2003.

Check out BACC in New York. I'm pretty sure they have reasonable tickets from Brazil to the U.S. Otherwise, your friend will just have to try Brazilian travel agents. He could also try the site http://www.decolar.com

Tickets originating in South America frequently are more expensive than the other way around. And a last minute ticket at Xmas is not likely to come cheap!

• 2 weeks later...

BACC has an office in Rio! It's located on Av. N.S. de Copacabana, 1344-A, between Julio de Castilho and Rainha Elisabeth, near the Cassino Atlântico shopping center at the Ipanema end of Copacabana. Phone is 2523-2499. BACC is the leading consolidator and marketer of tickets from the U.S. to Brazil. As noted, fares originating in Brazil may cost more than those originating in the U.S., but they advertise pretty reasonable fares FROM Brazil in their publication "The Brasilians." It's worth giving them a try!

(I think BACC also has an office in São Paulo.)

BACC has an office in Rio! It's located on Av. N.S. de Copacabana, 1344-A, between Julio de Castilho and Rainha Elisabeth, near the Cassino Atlântico shopping center at the Ipanema end of Copacabana. Phone is 2523-2499. BACC is the leading consolidator and marketer of tickets from the U.S. to Brazil. As noted, fares originating in Brazil may cost more than those originating in the U.S., but they advertise pretty reasonable fares FROM Brazil in their publication "The Brasilians." It's worth giving them a try!

(I think BACC also has an office in São Paulo.)

Archived