Buenos Aires Hotel

world traveler
This topic is 7153 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

My suggestion is that you contact RobertoBA, our man in Buenos Aires, at vdagp@yahoo.com.ar for his thoughts. He can tell you if he's familiar with them, if they're well-located, etc.

Is there a particular reason you don't want to stay at the very well-located, extremely gay-friendly, and very attractive (in the W hotels style) Howard Johnson's Plaza on Florida, which has been extensively discussed here? After you research it (at http://www.hojo.com -- click on Location, then Argentina, then B.A., then Howard Johnson's Plaza) ask Roberto to make reservations for you to get the best rate. Roberto is NOT a professional travel agent, he's a free-lance guide, but he's sent them so much business they've agreed to offer his referrals a better rate than the published ones.

Besides being gay friendly, the HoJo could not be more centrally located, within walking distance or short taxi rides to virtually every attraction. There's a wealth of shopping, restaurants and services available just outside the door (including a Citibank ATM a couple of blocks down Florida opposite the Galerias Pacífico shopping mall). The hotel also includes a generous breakfast buffet in your room rate, which is not that common in Argentina (usually you get just a cup of coffee and a couple of sweet mini-croissants). Also, the rooms are spacious, compared to the usual South American standard.

I agree with Tri. You should contact RobertoBA, I met him one week ago, and he was just arriving from the U.S. I was very lucky to contact him on my second visit to Bs.Aires,only for a week coming back to Paris where I live, and Roberto is very helpfull, and it is highly recommended.You may contact him at vdagp@yahoo.com.ar Regards Alain

Archived