Hotels in Ipanema

Fit In LA
This topic is 7136 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

After much study and reading here, my buddy and I believe the Ipanema area is the best choice for us - beach, etc.

Of course we can still get to the great saunas.

Can anyone recommend one or more hotels in the Ipanema area- preferable on the beach street or within a block or two of the beach.

Ofcourse price is somewhat a factor, but willing to pay for a

clean, safe place.

THANKS guys.

I agree with you about Ipanema. It has a more relaxing pace and the beach is one of the most erotic places in the world. The Caesar Park is the high price tourist hotel right on the beach and is worth checking out for a meal not a stay. One of the best cheap hotel is the Arpoador Inn.

I have been thinking about the Marina All Suites. I will give it a try at some point, but its location in Leblon is a minus except for someone like me who really dislikes Copacabana.

(As I have posted before, I visited Rio, and other cities in Brazil, for the first time in 1974 when I was in my 20s and stayed in the cheapest dirt bag hotels in Copacabana because I had very little money. Back then, few people spoke English. While I enjoyed the trip, it was not easy. I remember visiting Ipanema, wish I had stayed there because that experience made me really dislike Copacabana. The good part was discovering the many charms of Ipanema, a place I would not have otherwise considered.)

I was reading your response and thought I was the only one who was not thrilled with Copacabana. I love the quieter elegance of Ipanema much more than Copas' 50's and 60's Manhattan-type feeling. On my latest trip this month, the crowds and traffic were really horrendous. But I also think that the quaint and quiet Grajau and Villa Isabel are nicer than Barra de Tijuca, my idea of a Brazilian version of North Dade, Orange County or any other newer, suburban US-based enclave. I suppose that is why my favorite sauna is Spa 73 near the Plaza de Bandeira. Although at night, certainly more care and attention needs to be taken when walking the streets.

Archived