Uh-oh! The dollar is getting weaker against the Brazilian real.

imrthr
This topic is 7216 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Has anyone noticed the recent trend over the past 10 days? Each day the U.S. dollar is steadily getting weaker in exchange for Brazilian money. This means that we currently get fewer Reais when we convert our money to Brazilian money.

Over the past several months we got as high as 3.18 in exchange but today the exchange rate is 2.98.

Brazil is still a wonderful bargain despite our currency devaluation.

"Brasil is still a wonderful place..." Sim, eu combinur.

Yes, I agree!

This morning, for the heck of it, I clicked on the currency converter at this site and noticed that one dollar = 2.9 something today in exchange. I sat and stared and became slightly perplexed when it was in the 3's only last week or so....

• 2 weeks later...

Well, the U.S. dollar continues its downward slide against the Brazilian Real. Today the exchange rate is 2.94.

Perhaps Mr. Lula's policies are finally beginning to strengthen Brazilian currency.

This is good for the Brazilians but not good for tourists. Despite the devaluation, Brazil is still a wonderful place to visit where you will find wonderful people and excellent values.

Cheers

Things will no doubt change soon.

Tomcal and Posse will arrive this Thur to do an "attitude check" on staff at Pointe 202, possibly a check of the Atlantico and a new talent search of any "hot sauna bodies in motion". :-) :p

P.S. I`ll still go along with the new conversion rate for the variety and number of encounters available :p . I "invested ?" $250 US recently with a pleasant Brasilian Boy here (not BG) that would have allowed me to enjoy multiple hot sessions in Rio. Methinks a trip to Rio is needed in the very near future ;)

Today's news reports a 5.3% growth rate in Brazil for the most recent quarter, considerably more than was being predicted. This is the second quarter with a significantly high growth rate, indicating that the economy is finally strengthening after a very long recession. Inevitably, a strong economy will make a stronger real. However, nobody wants the real to go above R$2.80 to the dollar, because that would kill the goose laying the golden eggs of tourism and exports, and there are no projections for that happening anytime soon. Even in the extremely unlikely situation of the real reaching R$2.00 to the dollar, Brazil would still be cheap for American and European travelers, assuming prices remain similar to what they are currently. So don't put off your vacations because of a few centavos fluctuation. Brazil (and Argentina, whose economy is also growing rapidly) are still extremely inexpensive destinations!

Archived