Spartacus Internat'l Gay Guide 2003-04

CT Dick
This topic is 7385 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I just got the latest Spartacus and found the following on Rio:

"Club 117 (AYOR), A place to avoid. It is not a sauna but a boys club. Excessive payment demanded upon departure. You have been warned!"

Where did they get THIS information? x(

Dick

>I just got the latest Spartacus and found the following on

>Rio:

>

>"Club 117 (AYOR), A place to avoid. It is not a sauna

>but a boys club. Excessive payment demanded upon departure.

>You have been warned!"

>

It is obvious that Spartacus missed the mark on its evaluation of Club 117. I saw that Sparticus review last December. Having been to 117 in October, November and December of last year (and January, February & March of this year) my reaction to the "evaluation" was to wonder how many other evaluations found in Sparticus are useless and similarly erroneous.

Of the several people I know who frequented and continue to frequent Club 117, no one with whom I spoke ever had even a hint of an experience as what is described in Sparticus.

Well, in my experience Spartacus is not reliable source of information when it comes to countries outside Europe, or North America. Their reveiews of Bangkok gay venues were not as erronious, but very deficient. I use Spartacus only for Europe and North America ..

However in defense of Spartacus, they may have been referring to the occasional boy who may demand more than 50 R after the fact without prior warning...

OHGWM226

Guest Tomcal_

All I can say is Club 117 gets the Tomcal 5 Star seal of approval!!! Which is much more reliable then Spartucus' LOL

I have been there many, many times in the past 3 years and have never had a bad experience!!

Guest msclonly

Pressure at the Sauna

My experience was the guy tried to increase the fee after getting started. On my firm resolve of 'NO', he started all over to my disappointment. I should have guess he was a mature hardened BBer type. After I learned he tried to do this with someone else in the Oct group, and is known to scare the other guys off like a Bull, if they get between him and an interested client. Have no idea how far he will go to protect his territory outside the sauna.

}(

Might I suggest that you who have frequented Club 117 more than once, rectify the negative review in Spartacus by writing to the editor and righting the wrong.

I had no difficulty with the guys at Club 117, but my experiences are much more limited than others. One guy with whom I went to the cabine after setting a price beforehand attemptedd to increase his price based on the activities engaged, but I was far from yielding; he received his $R50 plus a tip of R$20 plus, I think drink or food or both. I can't recall the latter. Anyway, that is my take on this topic.

RE: Pressure at the Sauna

I believe I was the guy in October and yes, this guy works at Pointe. I have described the encounter in my journal in this forum. He was the last guy I was with at the saunas during my trip, because later that night I met Alex. I will try the saunas again on my next trip tho. and this guy you describe, while he is big and seems intimidating, backed off real quick when a FIRM No was given and acted very pleasant after that.

Guest msclonly

Where is your jounal on this Topic or Forum?

I hope it is not on Yahoo, cause it won't let me in.

The only reason, I can figure out is I have a Firewall with the wireless. Would love to visit MY GROUPS again, but don't know how.

Yes, the guy got a firm NO, but decided to try again and sort of spoiled my interest, since his interest was more on upgrading then getting the job done.

}(

>Might I suggest that you who have frequented Club 117 more

>than once, rectify the negative review in Spartacus by writing

>to the editor and righting the wrong.

If anyone is interested in doing this, the address is

Bruno Gmünder Verlag GMBH

Leuschnerdamm 31

D-10999 Berlin

Germany

-or-

info@spartacus.de

Dick