Amazing Information

TotallyOz
This topic is 7472 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I did not really find this forum area until yesterday. Wow! You guys have done an absolutely amazing job with the abundance of information here.

I am going to be in Rio Dec. 28 - Jan 5 and then traveling around Brazil for a few weeks after that. If anyone is going to be in town then, let me know as I would love to have a drink somewhere.

One question I do have. I will be staying and Le Meridian. I know that visitors are not supposed to be allowed into the rooms. If you tip the doorman, is it possible? I have seen some boys from Apollus that I would like to meet. Can I assume that they will have problems getting into my room or will it be ok?

Again, thanks for such a fucking amazing forum board area!

Hey Oz,

Stayed at the same hotel on my first visit last year. Security is very tight and I doubt that your visitors will be accepted.

P.S. There is a very cute young guy with a great smile who works the concierge desk on occasion and speaks some English. I was so tempted to ask him for his phone # but was reluctant to make thatinitial move.

After my next Rio visit and meeting up with the other M4Mers I would have had no hesitation in checking him out.

You`ll have a great time and the all you can eat seafood/meat locations of Marius Restuarant are around the corner from this hotel.

there will be quite a bunch of us there. I am staying at the Atlantico on the rooftop- the site of the past 3 Festas with some other NYC, FLoridarobb, Jake, Tri, etc. We will definitely have our table(s) at Corujinha each nite about 11:30 or so. Probably will be ten or more there. Call the Atlantico Hotel 2548 0011 and ask for Suite 1401 and we can make sure you are included. Boy, if I were you-

I'd be checking whether the Atlantico still had a room left and cancel out of the Meridian.

My first trip to Rio only a year ago found me at The Copacabana Palace in a nice suite (no guests) and every trip since then (seven of them) I have stayed at the Atlantico. It is close to the saunas, Corujinha, and the Rio home of some wonderful people I have met over the past year. Think about it.

Guest LatinoRican

Hello! I have stayed at Le Meridien and there is no way they will

let you take a "guest" up to your room. Better to follow the

advice of the other posters. Merry Christmas!

Thanks and I will be looking you guys up. Unfortunately, when I booked, all rooms were filled at the hotel. Most of Rio was filled. My travel agent got me into the hotel I am at but at a tremendous cost. I figured I would give it a try for 8 nights and then venture out to the rest of Brazil. When we come back to Rio at the end of the trip, I am going to check into the availability of your recommended hotel. :) Thanks.

While I make it a policy to always agree with Gulliver, I don't really think you'll mind having a room at the Meridien on New Year's Eve--it'll be so convenient for the wonderful beach festivities. But do contact him at the Atlantico and email Trilingual so that you can meet up there. Having "old" (and yes I know I'll be slapped for that!) hands showing you the ropes will make all the difference on a first trip. Just remember to take a cab back to the hotel late at night, even if it seems like a short distance. While Brazilians agre generally the nicest people on earth, even they will tell you to always watch out for security. SF Traveler

Archived