Back to the U.S.A.

trilingual
This topic is 7640 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Leaving tonight for my return to the U.S. It's been three months of sheer heaven, although a lot of "work," too, in renting a permanent apartment and then having work done on it. The renovations have gone flawlessly (they should be done by this afternoon, just in time for me to pay the last workmen before leaving for the airport) and the apartment looks great. I've ordered some basic furniture, including a sofa-bed, which friends here will accept for me when it's delivered, so I'll be able to move in and have a place to sleep when I return to Rio in November. Then I can play around furnishing the place completely, decorating, etc. Retirement life is turning out to be very busy!!!

Big Carlos came over last night and helped me carry stuff over to the new place, then spent the night, so Tri will be returning to the U.S. with happy memories! The time has flown by, and I really don't want to leave, but I've got plenty to do back in the U.S., too, as I rearrange my life in this new phase. . .

Meanwhile, keep the board clean guys, until I get back to a computer! ;)

Guest Gringo

my sympathy. i know how wrenching it is to get on that plane leaving rio to return to usa. i hope you are able to arrange your affairs back in the usa without a lot of difficulty. four months and counting, and then you will be back in the wonder of rio. :-(

As I guessed, at 5:45 p.m. Thursday afternoon I was paying off the last workman. At 6:00 p.m. I was supposed to be catching my cab to the airport! It was a tight departure, but the apartment looks good, the workmen did exactly what I wanted, when I wanted it, and I'm a happy camper! There are a few minor details and touch-ups that will have to be taken care of, but I'll call the workmen when I return to Rio in November, and they should be able to finish everything that's needed in a day.

It's weird to be back in the U.S.A. after three months away, but I guess I'll get used to it! Lots to do before returning to Brazil, so I'm sure the time will fly, just as it did in Rio.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest porota

Querida Princesa: Bien contenta tendrás que estar de volverte tan bien cogida por esos machos brasileños y todavía lo que te espera....

me parece maravilloso el tiempo que estás disfrutando como aposentada....y todavía sigue la novela en USA....besos y congratulations Porota

:) :)

It's porteño Spanish with a touch of "Portunhol" tossed in just to spice things up! ;)

"Porota" is one of my oldest friends in Buenos Aires. He's new to the site, so I guess he doesn't know about the "English only" rule. I'll explain it to him.

P.S. Porota hasn't met Tomcal yet. When he does, he'll realize that in comparison my time in Rio was practically monastic! By the way, I understand the page with Tomcal's exploits is being typeset as we speak at the Guinness Book printing plant. . . ;)

Guest Tomcal_

Tri, I called the "guys" in Rio today, I couldn't wait to see their exploits in print and I wanted to find out about the party at the hotel! They were all in Gullivers room when I called and I got to talk to all of them. They are having way too much fun without us!! Sounds like if anything, things are better and hotter then when we were there in April. I am staying at Gullivers place this weekend while he is in Rio, and will be celebrating my birthday on Sat. in NYC with Doug (and it's Gay Pride this weekend) so I don't expect to sleep much between Friday and Monday, but I do plan on trying to add to the "Guiness record! LOL

Guest porota

:-) Gringo: Sorry, I did'nt know that I could'nt write in other language that English. I am an old friend of Tri from Buenos Aires and you are right, because I wrote some words in portuguese too. I am at your dispossal if you need or ask any question about B.A. or Argentina, with pleasure I will reply to you. Regards Porota

Guest Gringo

Porota,

no problem. i just wasn't sure if i had lost what little remains of my mind and especially the Portuguese. :+

Archived