Planning Party at Atlantico

robbguy
This topic is 7641 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

HI,

For anyone who has knowledge of the Atlantico, I am interested in throwing a small birthday bash while I am in Rio (from June 20-30) for a friend who will be celebrating his birthday and was wondering if the hotel has spaces available for small parties. I know the soiree was held there and went well but I am hoping to invite maybe 12 guests and the same number of boys from the saunas. And maybe a stripper or two to get everyone in the mood. :-) Are there small meeting rooms? A rooftop space? What types of food can the hotel provide? I thought of hot and cold hors d'oeuvres and munchies and cake as well as drinks. Please let me know what you think. Gulliver and Floridarob, you are definitely invited. And if anyone who has contributed to this site is also there at the same time, let me know via email. Thanks and take care. Robb

Guest Tomcal_

>The hotel hosts a lot of meetings, so there must be some

>smaller rooms available. Just e-mail them; probably the

>reservations managers are the people to talk with. Liz and

>the other woman (Tomcal or Gulliver, what's her name?).

Ask for Liz Azevedo or Monica

hey robbguy;

count myself and floridarobb (if he comes)in. for 12 guys plus 12 sauna boys the roof would not be a problem for a night time party but it is a big space and it is not real private - it feels kind of empty for only 24 but it is nice. Id like to offer my suite for the party -

it can easily hold 24 (I dont know if you know the presidential suite)

and has an outdoor area with small pool and plenty of room to set up the food and the bar. its no problem for me and you are welcome to it. i think it would feel more private and work better for a party of that size.

Monica can arrange the food and it is quite inexpensive. Tri will know the bakery if you want to arrange the cake. If you do it on mon when 117 is closed you can maybe hire a bartender from there to tend bar and keep the food table organized. the hotel can have tubs of ice for Red Bull and Beer outside on the terrace. let me know.

also robbguy, i think the suite would feel much more if u wanted a stripper or two. The bedroom seats 10 (not counting anyone sitting on the platform bed) and must be about 20 x 25 feet. /the living room where you can have food is small but seats 6 or 8. the terrace has a table for 4 plus two loungers. Most people stand around anyway.

With the m4m Soiree I event, space was no problem as Tomcal and Doug had at least 2 to 4 of the sauna boys in their suite at most times anyway!!!!!! (Tomcal thought we did not notice! How amusing)

Hey, Gulliver,

Thanks a lot for offering your suite for the party. It sounds like a great idea. I'll be flying into Rio around noon on Saturday, June 21st. Will you be settled in by then? I'd like to start the planning as soon as possible. Gotta get the guys lined up. I thought you could give me some hints since you were part of the planning team for the soiree. I have an idea about which of the boys I want to invite. And if there is anyone you wish to invite, let me know. Tomcal, wish you could be there, too. And Tri, hopefully you can make it. You are a legend in my mind. Gulliver, I might be interested in the Portuguese lessons, too. Could you let me know what info you get? I'm getting excited and I haven't seen any of the boys yet! Thanks and take care. Robbguy

Sorry, but I'll be back in the U.S. when your party happens. But I'll think of you guys while I'm busy packing and moving. . . Maybe some other time!

Portuguese lessons: Carlo was able to arrange for a good tutor for SF Traveler during his stay. For a short-term arrangement, that may be the best way to go. More formal classes are offered by some of the numerous language schools around town, including CCAA and IBEU. Check them out through Google.

Liz is a dream person to work with. Her greeting was unparalleled and she went out of her way to make me feel welcome -- fruit basket, advice and a warm good-bye hug upon departure. The place is all class with excellent location and very comfortable rooms. The breakfast was quite varied and good quality,as well.

I loved it.

The Manager's name is Monica and she, too, is a very personable individual going all out for the comfort of the guests. Note, I never brought a boy back since all activity was better handled, in my opinion, outside. But I'm sure there would have been no problem.

The only small thing I dislike was paying in advance... but those are the rules and we must give to receive.

IamI

PS I did go to Riosul and checked some appliance stores with fridges at about $600... in and away from Riosul. Do they break easily? On the negative side I could not find a leather blazer in black no matter how many stores I visited --- in Riosul and other "boutique" places. Why? Any recommendations for next visit?

A few others have mentioned about paying in advance at the Atlantico. When I went in October of '02-- I made my reservation via the net and paid via cc upon departing. In February-- a US travel agency made the reservation at my request; I paid in advance, but after my friend and I received our separate digs, I just paid the difference and continued.

Upon leaving--I paid nada! It is hoped that from now on reservations are made, lodging is taken and paid for upon leaving! Until October '03... this hotel beckons me for all of the fun times that await and are anticipated!

Guest gmo4

Hi Robbguy!

My name is Greg Morgan. I'm from Houston. I have enjoyed your pics of the last party.

My friend Tony and I will be arriving in Rio on the 15th. He'll be leaving on the 23rd and I will be staying until the 2nd of July.

Would love to come to the party if you have room!

Also, do you know anything about Odilo's apartment? I have a phone number and have called, but get no replies as of yet.

Thanks, hope to see you in Rio!

Greg

Hi, Greg,

You're more than welcome to come to the party. And if we have it before the 23rd, you're friend is welcome, too. It's not going to be a huge party but it will be a fun party. Are you staying at the Atlãntico? I'm renting a junior suite but don't know the room # yet. All I know is that the number will end in "01". Why don't you email me and I can give you more info. Take care and looking forward to a great time in Rio! Robbguy

Robbguy1001 @aol.com

Guest gmo4

Hi, Robbguy,

Well, I have booked my stay online for the Atlantico.

The internet rate I got for a standard, double occupancy room was $67 per night. Is that too much? Is there a way to get it cheaper?

Also, do you have a phone number for the hotel? I'd love to be able to confirm the reservation.

Can't wait to see you guys in June!!!!

Greg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, Rob,

The date for the party will be Monday, June 23rd. Not sure of the time yet. Gulliver and I are going to go over plans when I get to the Atlãntico on Saturday. We're meeting in the afternoon and he's going to give me pointers and suggestions, since he was on the planning committee for the soirée. And he has graciously offered the use of his penthouse suite. I am anticipating around 20 people, including the boys. I figured Monday would be a good night since Club 117 is closed and alot of the sauna guys would be available for a party. It's not going to be an elaborate affair, just a fun time with food, drinks, and boys (not the order of preference). Gulliver did mention that Tri might be able to direct me to a bakery where I could order a birthday cake. So if you read this, Tri.... We'll have a couple of strippers, too. I'm definitely looking forward to it. Well, take care and if you have any suggestions or comments, email me. Thanks. Robbguy

Cheaper rate at the Atlântico: Check with Carlo, who's worked out a rate with them that's cheaper than their advertised ones.

Birthday Cake: Lots of choices, but try "The Bakers" on Santa Clara between Barata Ribeiro and Av. Copacabana. If you prepay, chances are they will deliver the finished cake to the hotel for you. Many local businesses deliver for free, so ask if they do and take advantage of the service!

Brazilians don't seem to do lots of birthday candles; mainly the cake seems to come with a sparkler going, while everyone sings "Parabens Pra Você," the Brazilian version of "Happy Birthday to You." If you tell the shop it's for a birthday, they may be able to supply the sparkler. Otherwise, I'm not sure where they're sold.

Guest Looking4Fun

I will arrive in Rio on June 23, right after my trip to san paulo, will there be any other party then?:-)

Archived