Back in Rio. . .

trilingual
This topic is 7741 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Arrived yesterday after an endless flight from San Francisco (departed on Thursday). The airport seemed perfectly normal, security wasn't unusually higher than before. The S.F. - Miami flight was full, as was the Miami - Rio segment. Unusually, that flight seemed to be predominantly Americans, many obviously going on pleasure trips. Usually the passengers are mostly Brazilians. So maybe people aren't allowing the war to interfere with life too much.

Already had breakfast with one visiting M4Mer, and will call another later today. I've been out looking for temporary furnished apartments. Saw two that I liked, but they're a bit more than I had expected (R$2000 and R$2400/mo.) because I want a place that has cable TV. I'm going to check with Mike to see what his places are like and then try to decide no later than Tuesday, because I'm going to spend about 10 days in Buenos Aires before Roberto leaves on his B.A. to Barcelona cruise. . .

It poured last night and the intersection in front of the Atlântico flooded, with the water almost getting into the shops. No way to cross the street to reach Estação, so I walked up to Point 202, instead. The lights were on at Roger's, and someone seems to be home there, by the way! Point 202 is good sized, very clean and a bit sterile as far as decor goes. When I got there, around 8:00 p.m., it was packed with boys and hardly any clients (I assume because of the downpour) but by the time I left, around 10:30 p.m., the rain had let up and there were more clients. I discovered Rayan (6'5", eyes of brown, nice build and extra-thick piece!) working there, so we chatted and I offered to let him stay over at the hotel when I was ready to leave. (He had stayed over a couple of times when I was here in January, when I was staying at Odilo's place and he was working at Estação.) This was doing him a favor, considering the rain. He has to take two buses to get home to a very distant suburb, and with the flooding it probably would have taken him much longer. Anyway, I wandered off and hooked up with Carlão, an equally tall and extremely good-looking Greek god of the Afro-Brazilian persuasion. Very well built and very nicely hung. A good time was had in one of the suites. By then I was getting tired (I'd had very little sleep on the flights and only a nap after arriving yesterday afternoon) so I rounded up Rayan and we went back to the Atlântico, where there was no hassle whatsoever about his coming to my room. (Perhaps because he's white?) Anyway, Rayan and I spent a semi-sleepless night, and he headed home at 7:00 this morning.

More news as I have time. Since Rio is going to be full of M4Mers this month, I expect all of you guys to post, too!

Trilingual-- I can very definitely relate to you about your trip to Rio from San Francisco via Miami; it was a tedious and tiresome venture when my friend and I went there for Carnaval. Both of us have decided that we will have to spend some $$$'s and travel business class next time. First class would be more to our liking, for AA's first class has those little units which let out into beds.

U all have a blassssssssst while you're in "paradise" during its summer. My friend and I would luv to be there right now, too. Just today I began to reflect on our last day there which is exactly two weeks ago today-- the wonderful lunch at the Bahamian restaurant in Ipanema, his gorgeous friend whom he had met a few days ago who had stayed overnight and had bought both of us CD's of the Samba Parade for '03, and my first adventures at Club 117 before departing at 8PM for home.

Archived