Puerto Rico and San Juan

TotallyOz
This topic is 7759 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest Gringo

Any chance you can change your plans to go to Santo Domingo? I think you would have more fun and I could offer some suggestions. If not, I can't help. Friends from San Juan tell me they go to the Dominican Republic when they want to have a gay old time.:-(

The gay area is the Condado neighborhood. The only exclusively gay hotel I know of is the Atlantic Beach Hotel. If you're looking for more upscale accommodations, you could try the Radisson Ambassador Plaza or, better yet, the Wyndham Condado Plaza. Be sure you sign up for the Wyndham By Request program if you stay at a Wyndham. You get great perks for free. There are also some economy accommodations on the beach if you prefer. I stayed at one across the street from the Atlantic Beach Hotel a few years ago which was fine (TV, A/C, fridge, etc.). For what it's worth, I quite prefer PR to the DR. People are friendly on both islands, but the DR has some significant sanitation problems, and a heavy "3rd world" feel to it.

Thank you both so much! I will try the other Islands soon. This trip is for PR. :)

I saw the Wyndam and it looked quite nice. I also saw the Marriot and it was nice. Are both of these a convenient walk to the gay bars and gay area?

Thanks!

If I could while away the hours,

TotallyOZ

Archived