Hotels in Rio and Sao Paulo

ohgwm226
This topic is 7864 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I haven't had any experience with this particular hotel, but it looks to be a beautiful one. When I was on my way to the sauna mentioned here, I would stop and peruse the facade of this hotel and just think about price, etc...

Check pages 4 and/or 5; there is info about hotels in SP. When I was going to SP (which I didn't although I had reservations at the Blue Tree Towers) the respondents gave me ideas as to where I should stay. My Paulista friend who lives in San Francisco advised me against staying downtown. He said it was quite dead during the night. I was going to stay in a very good area, I think very gay-friendly, gay, but the name of it escapes me at this typing.

Contact Arturo via his email address which appears on his site. He supposedly lives in SP. He sent answers to my queries this morning, and I had just emailed him last night.

There are no decent hotels near Lagoa. The sauna is, however, very convenient to the subway, which is totally safe and easy to use. Just use Trilingual's directions in his original semi-world famous review and you won't have any problems. I often walked from the sauna to the subway at 11pm or after (it's open until midnight) and I never felt threatened or had any sort of security concern. Cabs wait out in front of the sauna so if you do feel like a cab, they're right there. Thus, the only thing I'd recommend is that you stay somewhere, old downtown (Centro) or Avenida Paulista, that's convenient to a subway entrance.

Lagoa is in a middle-class residential area, so there's nothing the matter with it, but there aren't any hotels nearby.

If you read the other threads on the subject, I personally find the downtown Av. Vieira de Carvalho a convenient place to stay. I don't know how it could be described as "dead" after dark. It's quite the opposite! In fact, it's one of the "great gay ways" of SP. And it's conveniently located to some of SP's few sights and a metro station for ease of access to Lagoa and other attractions.

Archived