Delta Fare Special to Brazil

scott90746
This topic is 7862 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

After last night's election, readers may want to RUN, not walk, to their nearest Delta ticket office to take advantage of this generous offer!!!

This reminds me of the Nixon election. The morning after, I opened the NY Times to find that British Airways published what was probably the most evil, understated dig I can remember. The full page ad was an overhead shot of a jet sitting on the tarmac, with a very long line of people snaking up the stairway (this was in the pre-jetway days) and the caption: "Today, a lot of people are quietly leaving the country. . ."

This time, I think I'm joining that line. :( :'( :-( :'( :-(

Fly, if you're going directly between the two cities. Unless there's some specific reason you need to arrive or depart from one of the international airports (which are farther out in both cities, especially in SP where it's waaay out) use one of the shuttle flights between the closer in airports: Rio's Santos Dumont (SDU) which is downtown, and SP's Congonhas (CGH), which is about twenty minutes from downtown outside of rush hour (to be avoided at ALL costs!) It's about a 45 - 50 min. flight. From Rio to SP try to get a window seat on the right; from SP to Rio try for a window on the left. That way you're likeliest to get a great view of the spectacular coastline if the weather isn't cloudy.

If you're broke, buses leave about every fifteen minutes from the main bus stations in both cities. It's about a six hour ride.

If you plan to visit Parati, which is on the coast between Rio and SP, bus is the only practical means of transportation. The Rio-Parati bus takes about 4 hours. From SP-Parati route takes about 7 hours. Buses are comfortable and cheap.

Archived