BRAZIL - THE SPRING FLING

Guest Jake
This topic is 7867 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

OK Guys, here's the new edition of my latest adventures in Oz. As usual, it'll be chapter by chapter and many take awhile as I'm up to my eyeballs in catch-up (the price I pay for all that fun).

Yes, it IS spring in Brazil for those of you who haven't thought about it. Being south of the equator, Brazil is largely a mirror of the U.S., not only seasonally, but geographically. The cold part is in the south, the hot in the north. Rio and Sao Paulo are mid-north, making them roughly the equivalent of the southeast and Florida in temperature range. Far north Brazil is more like the islands. Just one more thought you may not have had if you haven't been to South America is how far east it comes. Right now, with daylight savings, Rio and Sao Paulo are two hours AHEAD of the eastern U.S. time zone.

A quick frame of reference. I first came to Brazil in the late 80s, loved the country and the people (even with no knowledge of the saunas and no sexual encounters) even though Rio was very dirty and dangerous at the time. (Like NY, it's been cleaned up and largely safened up in the 90s.) I've been able to start coming back on a regular basis with a legitimate(!) business reason since last year. I'm a bi - who's becoming less so with every trip - and a very oral top (which means I have definite options on every test drive). I've made a number of friends in Brazil, both Brazilian and American and am actively pursuing the purchase of an apartment in Rio and a working knowledge of Portugese. This trip was a week in Rio, a week in Sao Paulo, and then another four days in Rio.

Now on to the fun stuff, chapter one.

I rented an apartment (which I prefer to hotels) in Copacabana, just off Tonelero, a couple of blocks from Estaceo, Rogers, the Metro and the beach. My first outing was to Estaceo, my personal preference in the Rio saunas, which has been through its next stage of evolution with the new show and social room finished and the more upscale suites now open - four of them, I think. (If you want one of these instead of the basic cabines, it'll cost you an extra few dollars and you ask for a "sweetch".) The difference is that they have sheets on the beds and a mini bath/shower room.

My first outing was with Jordan, the only one of my regulars who was there at the time. He is a very nice black guy, about 5'9", 160 lbs, compact and slim/muscular with a beautiful 8 1/2 x 6 1/2" piece on him that's a lot of fun to play with. (I also understand from a friend who's a bottom that he's a great fucker!) He also has a great ass but is strictly a top. This, by the way, doesn't always turn out to be true as many publicly-professed top boys can be had in the privacy of a cabine.

Sorry to have gone on so long with the mundane stuff, but I've got to hit the hay early for a busy day tomorrow so will be back with a much juicier chapter, probably tomorrow.

Jake, there's a small inaccuracy in your post concerning the time zones. What with trying to keep track of daylight saving (summer) time in two hemispheres, I know it's easy to get confused.

There's a brief period each year when both Brazil and the U.S. are actually on standard time at the same time! When that's the case, Eastern Brazil (including virtually all the cities anyone is likely to visit) is 2 hours ahead of Eastern Time, 5 hours ahead of Pacific Time.

In the northern winter, when we're on standard time and Brazil is on daylight time, Eastern Brazil is 3 hours ahead of Eastern Time and 6 hours ahead of Pacific Time.

In the northern summer, when we're on daylight time and Brazil is on standard time, Eastern Brazil is 1 hour ahead of Eastern Time and 4 hours ahead of Pacific Time.

Has everybody gotten that? Ok, now just to add to the confusion, only part of Brazil goes on daylight saving time each summer. In the eastern Brazilian time zone, only the states from Bahia and south (including Rio and São Paulo) go on daylight saving time. The states north of Bahia, which are close to the equator where there are few variations in the length of the days from season to season, stay on standard time.

In addition to the eastern Brazilian time zone, there are three others (Brazil's a big country, kids!). Some of the center-west states and a large part of Amazonia, including Manaus, are one hour behind Rio/SP time. A small area towards the far end of Brazil's western bulge are two hours behind Rio/SP time. The islands of Fernando de Noronha, in the Atlantic off the northeastern bulge of Brazil, are one hour ahead of Rio/SP time. However, if you're flying to any of these areas during the southern summer, check to be sure about local times, because not all places in these other time zones adopt daylight saving time.

During the southern winter, Brazil and Argentina are in the same time zone. In recent years, Argentina has stayed on standard time in the summer, so at that time of year Brazil is one hour ahead of Argentina. Again, check, because Argentina has been inconsistent in its use of daylight saving time. They could go back to using it any time they feel like it. Even when they do have daylight saving time in Buenos Aires, some of the western and northern provinces stay on standard time, because otherwise sunrise and sunset come at very odd hours. Officially, Argentina is all in the same time zone, but if you look on a time zone map you can see that Argentina is really an hour ahead of where it should be based on it's geographical location. I don't know what the history is behind that, but in recent years I think some of the western provinces have dropped back an hour compared to B.A., which means they're on the same time as neighboring Chile.

And now that I've gotten everybody hopelessly confused, I'll leave you all with your heads spinning! }>

Archived