CUSTOMS

jivau3930
This topic is 7933 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Any advice regarding US/Brazilian Customs?? I'm diabetic and have to carry syringes - plan of getting a "note" from my Dr. What about things like condoms and lube - any problem here? I can picture a customs agent waving a "string" of condoms in the air! Thanks

Guest Tomcal_

In my Three visits there, I have never had anyone look at anything. You fill out the standard customs form on the plane, turn it in at the customs desk and go to baggage claim get your luggage, go through a screener similiar to the ones at our airports and your done. I would assume if there is nothing in your bag that attracted the attention of screeners in the U.S. , it won't attract attention from the Brazilian authorities. You can get lube and condoms there, you don't need to bring them, unless you have a favorite brand! The suanas also supply condoms and lube with each trip to the Cabines!

Have Fun!

As long as you have your insulin with you there shouldn't be any problem with Customs (or airport screening) at either end. Brazil customs works on a spot-check system, so it's possible that you could be pulled for such an inspection. But they've seen insulin and needles before, and as for condoms, why they're practically the national candy! ;-) Brazilians aren't the least bit shy or shocked about sex, so they won't think twice about condoms or lube.

Although condoms are available most anywhere in Brazil, you might want to take some boxes of the extra-large variety, like Maxx or Magnum. XL's are now made in Brazil, where God knows there's a desperate need for them, but they're not always that easy to find, they're a bit expensive by Brazilian standards, and they definitely don't have them at the baths. The guys will both appreciate and get a kick out of them, especially because they're imported. Packets of them, and pocket sized bottles of American/European lube, make nice non-monetary gifts for your better-equipped new friends, so bring plenty. Last time I was at Lagoa (on my last day in Brazil) I gave my leftover supplies to one of the more heavily endowed young men of my recent acquaintance, and you would have thought Santa Claus had come to town early! As I was leaving I saw him excitedly showing them off to his pals, so I know they were a hit! :7

Archived