Brazil Air Pass (Bravo!)

Axiom2001
This topic is 7979 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

A few weeks ago I had a thread (a question) regarding air passes to use while in Brazil. I received little information. Well, fellow travelers, I have news for you, too. I relocated my initial information which I read in someone's thread some time ago. The information is located @ BrazilSpecial.net. Not only do you receive data regarding the various air passes that one can use throughout the country, you can also receive a plethora of information about other matters: flighs, hotels, etc.

One of our fellow respondents alerted all of us some time ago of this site; I wrote down the information only to have misplaced it.

Tonight, while attempting to clean out all of my super-accumulated papers, etc. in my study, I found what I had wanted a few weeks back. I hope the site will be of use as well as interest to all of you who jaunt to Brazil often.

As it has been known for quite some time-- I am giving myself a trip there in October for my birthday present. I'd love to have a hot man to help me celebrate; ...hope it's Ernani or Bruno or an equivalent...

Gosh! I thought I gave you quite a bit of information about the air passes! ;-)

I have a feeling a lot of our fellow contributors haven't had an opportunity or need to use the air passes, which is why there wasn't much else contributed to the thread. My sense of the posts and other communications I've had from guys going to Brazil is that most of them have just gone to Rio, São Paulo or both, and for those you don't need an air pass. As I mentioned before, the air passes aren't exactly dirt cheap and, depending on where someone is planning on going in Brazil, it's possible to cover a lot of miles and stop in quite a few cities for less money using other kinds of fares. The air passes are most useful for someone planning an itinerary that hops around the country in a pattern other than a straight line or hugging the coast.

My advice is to plan an itinerary, check with one of the Brazilian airlines like Varig or TAM to price it, then compare that to the cost of the air pass. That'll tell you whether the pass is worth it or not. Also, you can check internal Brazilian air fares/itineraries on Travelocity. (Orbitz won't price a fare that doesn't originate in the U.S.)

Another thing to keep in mind is that there are now some discount airlines in Brazil, like Gol, and they have pretty cheap fares to many popular destinations. You can find out about them once you get to Brazil.

Guest Verde

Tri is right. Unless you have lots of time to spare and want to do many places, you don't need that airpass. I went to Fortaleza by taking a reasonably cheap package tour (air and hotel etc.)from one of the travel agencies in Copa. I adjusted my return flight to Rio to allow me a few days on my own to visit other interesting locales near Fortaleza using public buses which are quite good and cheap in Brazil.

Curta que a vida e curta.

Archived