Hotels in Sao Paulo

Santiago
This topic is 7999 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

As usual Tri is right on the money. I was recently in Sao Paulo and convenience to the Metro is the only thing you need to concern yourself with. I had to change lines to get to Lagoa--the only sauna you should really bother with--and it took max. 15 minutes from Avenida Paulista area, and I never felt unsafe or threatened at all ever. And I don't speak more than a few words of Portugese. Fallow Tri's directions and everything will be as easy as pie and if you want to take a cab home--they wait outside.

I'm not familiar with any hotels that are near the baths. Your next best bet is to get a hotel near the Metro so you can get to the Lagoa easily. If you want to go to Fragata, take a cab as there currently is no Metro station nearby. For Alterosas, see information in the review of the place.

Hotels near the Metro: You can choose some of the higher-priced international-type hotels near the Av. Paulista (Sheraton, Crowne Plaza, etc.) or less expensive places downtown on or near Av. Vieira de Carvalho, which is where I stayed. Actually, there is a range of choices on Vieira de Carvalho. I stayed at the Hotel Itamaraty, which was clean and very inexpensive. A more upscale choice would be the Bourbon. Not on Vieira, but quite nearby, is the Hilton. Advantages to Vieira are that at night it is one of São Paulo's great gay ways, so there is considerable nightlife right at your doorstep. There are also more than adequate dining choices available. Finally, the terminal for airport express bus is just around the corner, so you can just roll yourself and your suitcase to and from your hotel and not have to deal with taxis. However, there is also an airport bus that makes a circuit of the Av. Paulista area hotels.

Archived