San Diego & Baltimore: Recommended Stops?

Guest mellowdad
This topic is 8248 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest mellowdad

Traveling this fall: I'd welcome suggestions for dinner restaurants in San Diego and Baltimore, as well as suggestions for playtime: baths, friendly bars? :-)

I dont know about particular restaurants in Balt. But, just a drive to Eastern Avenue is a hoot. I did last time I was in Wash DC, made a trip to the area as a hommage to John Waters. It was like being on the set of Female Trouble. Seen all the rowhouses, and deranged old ladies with curlers in their hair.

Just get some crab cakes to go, and drive about in your car and take in the neighborhood.

Sorry, don’t know much about the bar and bath scene in San Diego. I am only familiar with a couple of the larger dance bars. ‘Club Montage’ is probably the biggest. The crowd is fairly diverse, but it’s still a younger man’s game. “Rich’s” has a very young crowd and is best not attempted if you are much over 30 or don’t have a great gym body. I know there is a bathhouse in Hilcrest. I think it is called ‘Club San Diego’ or something like that.

One of my favorite restaurants in Hilcrest is ‘Kemo Sabe’ on Fifth Ave. It’s trendy but got a great California/Pacific Asian menu. “Hamburger Mary’s” is fun if you like to eat in a routy bar atmosphere. Just explore Fifth Ave around University. ‘City Delicatessen’ is always fun, and there is good sushi, Thai and Indian food right there also.

As long as you stay in or near Hilcrest, everything you could need or want is within walking distance.

Before any San Diegan chastises me…I KNOW that ‘Hillcrest’ is spelled with two ells. I did some kind of change all in the spell checker. Don’t ask me why ‘Hilcrest’ was in the dictionary! My apologies for not properly proofreading before hitting the post button

San Diego: There's a bathhouse that's more for older guys (I think) called Vulcan Steam and Sauna... it's downtown. There is also one in Hillcrest, as the previous poster mentioned. I'm not much into clubs, but you might want to check out Club Extasis in Tijuana-- it's literally right across the border from the US -- a fairly short walk. Interesting to see what gay bars are like in Mexico...

Baltimore: I don't know much about Charm City, but you might head on down to DC, which is a very short drive. I think there's much more gay activity there-- even a gay neighborhood (Dupont Circle.)

Guest IM_Moore

Just want to add my two cents about San Diego. As already mentioned Hillcrest is the Gay area yet if you're from a place like Chicago, Miami or New York don't expect the same level of energy / activity. 5th Street just south of university is where most of the resturants are. I don't go to bars or bath houses so it's hard to comment other to affirm what phage wrote as what people have told me. Also, to the best of my knowledge there are 2 bath houses in Hillcrest. One is on University about 12th street. The other is closer to Washington on 4th street.

If you're looking for a non-gat area for shopping and a ver nice dinner check out downtown LaJolla. Plenty of shops, you're at the coast and lots of nice (sometimes) expensive resturants.

Have fun :D

It's been years since I was in Baltimore, but a restaraunt called Hausner's used to be considered a *must*. (Worth a visit just to ogle the original artwork on the walls.)

If you're at all into history, take the Fort McHentry tour. It's where Francis Scott Key wrote the Star Spangled Banner. In fact, there is *much* history in/around Baltimore.

The aquarium at the Inner Harbor is worth a visit.

Guest rippedgymrat

Ive been in San Diego for a few years...here are a few suggestions you may find helpful. Hillcrest is the gay neighboorhood of San Diego. Its main drag is University Ave., going for almost half a mile. The area is very walkable, with alot of neighboorhood bars, cafes, shops, restaurants, hair salons, day spas, bookstores, ice cream shops, etc. Very friendly neighboorhood. Very safe. Active mostly on weekends.

BARS:

Monday try The Hole on Lytton Ave. Wet Underwear contest.

Tuesday try Numbers on Park Blvd. Go Go boy contest

Wednesday try Flicks on University. South Park night

Thursday try Bourbon St. on Park Blvd. Great crowd, featured singer who is great.

Friday try Top Of the Park rrof top happy hour on sixth. VERY VERY BUSY. Get there around 6-7. try Bourbon St around 9 then head over the Richs on University around 11:30. Gym boy dance club

Saturday try Montage on Hancock St. Very Hi Energy...curcuit feel dance club.

Sunday try Detour/Hamburger Marys on University. Tea Dance at 8.

EATS:

Montana's on University. Great steak and pasta

California Cuisine on University. Great food and people watching

Arrivederci's on Fourth. Best italian food in San Diego.

Adams Ave. Grille on Adams Ave. My favorite place..great great great.

Crest Cafe on Robinson. Great comfort food.

Hamburger Marys on University. See and be seen lunch time place.

SEX:

Club San Diego on fourth. Fridays and Saturdays are best. Cute guys. 2 steamrooms, hot tub, showers, jack off video room. Clean and in a safe neighboorhood

Mustang Sauna on University. Weekends. Large pool. Steamrooms. Hot late.

Midnight Adult Book & Video on University. Very Very Very action packed backroom.

Adult Depot on Kurtz. Owned by All Worlds Video Co. Very cruisy adult theater and booths.

Balboa Park. Cruisy area called the fruit loop.

Blacks Beach ( nude beach) in La Jolla. Hike down the cliff and go to your right for the gay area of the beach. All nude all the time. Very cruisy. Great stretch of beach. Action in the bushes and in the parking lot.

Hope these sugestions help you out!!! Have fun in sunny San Diego!

Guest bmore guy

Hausner's is now closed.

Bar scen in Baltimore is centered in Mount Vernon. The Hippo is the big dance club. Central Station is a preepy cruise bar, Stagecoach is the c/w bar and Allegro is a small dance bar.Farther north, the Eagle is a pretty tame leather bar.

Quest in Canton is a nice neighborhood bar, no attitude, good place to shoot some pool.

Atlantis is the strip bar. Quality of dancers very spotty.$8 cover on weekends is a killer. But you can be a cheap bastard and arrive before 8 to beat the cover. Johnny and Paul are worth a dollar.

Streetboys hang out at Eastern Ave and Patterson Park. Be careful.

Archived