Spanish Saunas - Logistics Question

goingtorio
This topic is 5601 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

When I have gone to the saunas in Brazil, I typically just keep my regular clothes on and undress as needed in the rooms when I choose a boy - but can I do the same in Barcelona/Madrid? Somehow I just prefer to not walk around naked or in a towel so any insight would be helpful...thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

>When I have gone to the saunas in Brazil, I typically just

>keep my regular clothes on and undress as needed in the rooms

>when I choose a boy - but can I do the same in

>Barcelona/Madrid? Somehow I just prefer to not walk around

>naked or in a towel so any insight would be helpful...thanks.

When I was in Rio on my first and second trips-- I requested the biggest towels that they could provide. My needs were met. On subsequent visits to the various saunas in Rio and Sao Paulo and another city which proper spelling has slipped me completely, I merely wore boxer shorts of a solid color and a tee; I found no problemos with this; neither did the guys who I saw, and neither did the managers.

Although I have been to bath houses in Madrid (before I became middle aged)-- I know if I were to go to Barcelona, a place where I really yearn to travel, I would wear my "uniform" in the saunas, similarly to what I wore while in similar venues in Brasil. If not, then perhaps I'd hire independents and forget the sauna scene.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

I decided to return to this thread this afternoon (1.13.09)! In knowing my ease with self, I WILL NOT feel conspicuous in wearing my athletic boxers and a t and sporting my towel over my shoulder.

If I can go to a hot nudist area at a "hot" beach in Maui and stay clothed; I can wear two articles of clothing at a sauna in Spain. If others view this as bizzare, albeit! I do what I want to do! :-)

Archived