Smallville - what did you think?

BewareofNick
This topic is 8251 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I've been a big comic book fan since I was little. I've enjoyed everything from the 60's Batman to the 70's Wonder Woman to the 90's Lois and Clark. Smallville really blew me away. The characters were right on the money. The acting was good, the motivations made sense. I stayed glued to my set. What did you think?

I also included a little eye candy: The WB's SMOKIN promo picture for Smallville. Enjoy.

http://www.supermanhomepage.com/images/smallville/smallvillenewposter.jpg

O Mi God did I hate this show. The previews and that poster made it seem really interesting. It's crap. Stay away, far away. Normally when I review TV shows and Movies I give lots more detail on why it sucked/was great. But I don't have time right now and can only advise that people do not waste the memory on their VCR Timer-Recordings.

If enough people disagree with me (let me say up front that you are wrong }> ) I'll return to this post. For now I'm in a rush.

-Hagen

Loved it. Also a fan when I was a kid of all of the superman family and I think it generally gets the flavor of the superboy series. As sitcoms go, resolving the plot within a given time provides some constraints and doesn't allow much character development, but you know the regulars don't die (they're always given at least a coma during the actors outrageous salary demands)the guest star is probably the bad guy and the message is usually semi positive, good triumphs over evil and there is almost always some action scene. If you're looking for more, you probably should be looking into the cinema.

Archived