Need Hotel Suggestion in Madrid, Spain

Guest Rodd9
This topic is 8173 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I think I know where to find companionship in Madrid thanks to the well traveled members of this site. What I do not know is where to stay. I have been told that the Hotel California on the Grand Via is nice and caters to gay men. I do not know if this is a good hotel(3-4 star). Any suggestions on where to say that is convenient and nice? I am going to Madrid in mid January and could really use some advice.

For my trip to Madrid in February, I'm staying at the Hotel Suecia, Marques de Casa Riera 4, tel: 003491 531-6900.

Although I've never been there, I know it must be good because it's the hotel for a small group of colleagues who are gathering in Madrid for some meetings. The organizers wouldn't have chosen it if it weren't first rate, although I don't have any ideas how many stars it has, or how gay-friendly it is. Hope this helps.

If you're willing to consider other, less expensive, alternatives, check out the "Exclusively Gay" Hostal Odesa at http://personal2.iddeo.es/sonsodesa. It's at Hortaleza, 38, 3º Izq. Phones 91-521-03-38/91-532-08-28; Fax: 91-521-03-38. Besides the rooms at the Hostal, they have one and two bedroom apartments for rent in a nearby building. When I stayed there a year or so ago (and I doubt rates have changed very much) the apartments were about US$45/65 per night, depending on the size. It was nice having a place of ones own! The Hostal and the apartments are located in Chueca, not far from the Gran Via, so everything is convenient and very walkable, or at the most a few metro stops away from where you are. The apartments are in a rehabilitated building around the corner from the Hostal. While not luxurious, they're perfectly comfortable and very gentle on the travel budget!

• 2 weeks later...

I was in Madrid a few weeks ago and stayed at a newly opened hotel, the Tryp Cibiles, at 34 Gran Via. It is next to the Hotel Atlantico where I have also stayed. Both of these hotels are within a short walk of the Chueca and my favorite bar--Black and White. The Tryp Cibeles is a great hotel (4 stars) with very nice rooms--and a bargain at around $90 per night. You can't beat the location either. Enjoy Madrid!

Archived