What is US Canada border like now?

johnnysneakers
This topic is 8237 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest swiftone

I have just returned to Canada after a week in San Diego, great fun. I had no problem with crossing the border. You need photo ID, which is checked several times if you are flying, even boarding the plane. Just don't have any sharp objects in your carry on bag, no matter how small, or large!! My checked baggage wasn't opened, but nearly all carry on is checked. Video cameras and labtops are looked at carefully and you have to run them. But otherwise just give yourself enough time for check in and go through the security check. Coming back the USA security check wasn't as bad as I expected. Have fun!

I have only travelled between the US and Canada by air in the last month, and that was essentially the same as it always was.

(The only visible difference was the plastic knife that was provided with the meal - right next to a big metal fork that looked as through it could do more damage than a knife - go figure ...)

I suspect that at the border crossings they will be taking the requirement for "proof of citizenship" more seriously now and that it would be a good idea to carry your passport with you (I always do anyway, since I'm not a US or Canadian citizen ...)

Guest Kevin 2

(The only visible difference was the plastic knife that was provided with the meal - right next to a big metal fork that looked as through it could do more damage than a knife - go figure ...)

Isn't that the truth....where on earth has common sense gone to??

The gross incompetence is truly amazing to me. Of course what you mentioned is only one of many things I have heard. Here's another one for ya, airlines have stopped some men from carring a razor (shaving kind) from their carry on bags after they go thru the security checkpoint you can buy a razor at any of the shops in the airport.

>Frankly, I always like a good

>joke, but I was asking

>a very serious question and

>I would like serious replies.

> Crossing borders is now

>a very serious matter and

>I want to know what

>awaits me, not that I

>have anything to hide.

i flew to toronto sept 21, though it looked like a lot of people going through customs there were a lot of lines, and they moved quickly. same as it was before, show your passport, answer couple questions, why going and how long, etc. coming back i was there 2 hrs early thinking it would take longer crossing bact to the usa, but not much different than before. i could have gotten there 1/2 hr before my flight and had plenty of time.

i just drove to tor monday evening, even though the computer at canadian customs randomly chose me for a car search, i was only at the border 10 minutes. no traffic. coming back to usa this afternoon i was asked the usual questions, told to pop open my trunk, then asked to step out of the car and open my suitcase. the officer looked at my disheveled dirty clothes without searching through them, said ok and i was on my way. only 9 minutes this time and there was more traffic than mon night since it was middle of the afternoon rather than monday night when it was 9:45 p.m.

Archived