A breath of fresh air at Numbers in LA

LustinGuy
This topic is 6312 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I was at Numbers in LA this weekend and have some exciting news...

The bar is under new management. The new owner is extremely friendly and seem seriously committed to revitalizing what was once one of the great spots in LA! It sounds like they will be closing for a couple weeks in the near future - I assume for some remodeling.

But the most important news is that the new owner is strongly encouraging some extremely hot and available young guys to work the bar. This weekend, I met several guys there from fratmen.com. All I can say is WOW! Best talent I've seen at Numbers in quite a long time... the guys from that site tell me they usually hang out there on Fridays but I saw them there on Saturday too. The new and improved Numbers gets a huge thumbs up from me! And they promise its only going to get better! YAY! :7

It must be even newer owners, as the last set of new owners weren't trying too hard to attract the younger, good-looking types that the old Numbers was known for. One wonders why they bother if they are just going to close it down for awhile.

I was around when the now-former owners took over from the original set. When they moved from Sunset to Santa Monica Boulevard Tony, the operational part of the ownership team, made it abundantly clear to the older clientele that they were not what he was aiming for. That lasted less than six months, as I recall, and the old team was soon back at the bar, spending and tipping like always, and Numbers did all right with them for quite a while. When the handwriting was on the wall, Tony went into total amnesia that he had ever thought the thought, let alone done the deed, of banishment. So peace reigned once again.

I live in NYC and haven't been back in several years, so I don't know the course of things recently. But Numbers, like bars of its type everywhere (the Town House in NYC, the City of Quebec in London) runs a big risk when it purges its loyal clientele in favor of a younger crowd.

I will say that there was a distinct drop-off of the young-and-available at Numbers after its move to SM Blvd. I hope that this is the market that the new management is aiming for, and that the long-loyal older clientele will still be welcome.

>Which guys from fratmen? Any from fratpad.com ?

Riley, Landon, Christian, and (I think) Brad. And one other I haven't found on the site but was on rentboy.com briefly this weekend.

They have quit fratmen.com and are launching their own site independently

Archived