Fin Fang Foom is in search of a program to capture desktop pictures

Guest Fin Fang Foom
This topic is 8266 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest Fin Fang Foom

Hi girls and boys. There is a program that allows you to "take a picture" of your desktop - I had it on an old computer that died and I can't remember the name of the program. Does anyone know the name of it and where I can download it from the web?

Appreciatively yours,

FFF

>Hi girls and boys. There is

>a program that allows you

>to "take a picture" of

>your desktop - I had

>it on an old computer

>that died and I can't

>remember the name of the

>program. Does anyone know the

>name of it and where

>I can download it from

>the web?

If you're fortunate enough to be using a Macintosh, you don't even need a program to accomplish it.....just use the Command, Shift and 3 keys simultaneously ant it creates a PICT file of your desktop. Don't know if they are equivalents in Windows.

Hope this helps,

BuckyXTC

In Windows, press PRTSCRN. That places a copy of your desktop on the clipboard and you can then paste it into Paintbrush or Word. (Alt+PrtScrn captures just the current window.)

A good shareware (read:cheap) screen capture program is SnagIt (http://www.techsmith.com). Up the scale a notch, PaintShop Pro also does screen captures and has image manipulation features. (http://www.jasc.com)

I use both almost daily.

Out of curiosity, though, why do you want a picture of your desktop? Are you really talking about a disk image of your system's configuration?

Guest Fin Fang Foom

>In Windows, press PRTSCRN. That places

>a copy of your desktop

>on the clipboard

Thanks - but where the fuck is the clipboard once I DO that??

>Out of curiosity, though, why do

>you want a picture of

>your desktop? Are you really

>talking about a disk image

>of your system's configuration?

There are some pictures on the web that are fragmented and when you go to save them, you only get a piece of the picture. This way, I can get the whole picture.

Sneakily yours,

FFF

I must confess. I, probably like FFF, use the web to find pictures to jack off over. Sometimes, if you right-click on these images, it comes back with some message like "This image is copyrighted." In that case, I just press "Print Scrn" button, then go to my graphics software (Paint Shop Pro, but you can use any of them), and go to Edit, Paste, and the screen will be printed. Then just cut out the portion you want and save it in the format you want.

>YAY! It worked!

YAY!

>>In Windows, press PRTSCRN. That places

>>a copy of your desktop

>>on the clipboard

>

>Thanks - but where the fuck

>is the clipboard once I

>DO that??

The clipboard is always in memory. Always. It's what enables copy/paste.

>There are some pictures on the

>web that are fragmented and

>when you go to save

>them, you only get a

>piece of the picture. This

>way, I can get the

>whole picture.

Cool! Glad we could help!

>Snagit, thats the one I had

>

I've been using Snagit since Windows 3.1. It's a dandy little tool. The latest versions even capture streaming video as an AVI file for later review. Useful for web-based seminars when you have to leave in the middle.

Archived