SKINCARE(Can you post anything gayer)

mmk
This topic is 8273 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

What type of skincare does everyone use? (just to get off the serious topics for awhile) I primarily use either Aramis's skin care or Anthony's skin care line. I will use Aramis's active treatment scrub twice a week, wash twice daily with Anthony's citrus facial soap, shave with Aramis's maximum comfort shave cream(you will never get a better shave). After using a witch hazel astringent, i will use Anthony's after shave balm and then I will apply Anthony's AHA facial moisturizer with a 15 sunscreen(never use anything less than a fifteen, especially on your face.) Anthony's oil free moisturizer is also very good and give's your skin a nice matte finish to it. Once a week I will do a clay mask and at night I will wash my face with Fresh's Umbrian clay Treatment bar and apply Clinique's turnaround lotion and Aramis's Daily eye saver. Just wondering what other people use out of curiosity.(Other than the fact that I think that they are very good products, I like the Anthony line because a portion of their sales go to prostate cancer research.)

Wow! I haven't seen this comprehensive a skin care program since American Psycho. Who can resist?

I use the Body Shop's Of a Man line, except to shave I use American Crew's Herbal Shave Cream, because it has a surface lubricant that nearly eliminates nicks.

I guess I need to look into that prostate moisturizer...

Guest youngblood

How old are you, MMK ? I can't figure out from your very amusing post if you are an oily skinned adolescent or a parched older gentleman !

Have you ever tried Kiehl's White Eagle Shaving cream ? It numbs one's face like the Aramis one does for a really comfortable smooth shave.

Do you know which brand makes a good clippers for trimming body hair? My beloved device has finally broken and I need to replace it ASAP.

Guest allansmith63

I use all of the Clinique stuff as well (thanks, Matt) which keeps my skin healthy and youthful (told I look 42, instead of my actual age of 43). Anyhow, the best skincare overall - happiness - and a great boyfriend. The lotions and potions only complement the inner glow of joie de vivre.

Sappy, eh?

Allan (canajun, eh?)

Guest Gentle Dude

Before I used to buy the Clinique line for men but have recently discovered a new product line called Spa De Soleil which I now specially order for my oily skin. My dermatologist advised me not to buy over the counter products anymore because they may do more damage if you use them for the wrong skin type. I use the Spa De Soleil face purifier and exfoliator at night and then apply a face nutrient creme. When I go out in the sun, I use their Solar C Complex (spf-30). They also have an amazing line of massage oil wherin you can choose the special blend of aroma for those special evenings. :)

If you compare the labels of the expensive department store cosmetic lines with those in your neighborhood drugstore's facial and skin care section, you'll see that you're paying loads more for virtually the same stuff. Of course, if you FEEL better buying the more exclusive brands, it may be worth it to you. For me, it just feels like a waste of good money that could go to more interesting uses, like a good ole cum bath. VERY good for the complexion! :-)

Being of the oily skin persuasion, I don't really need much facial moisturizing. Lately, my drugstore cheap thrill is St. Ives Eye and Face Stress Gel (or something like that). It comes in a 4 oz. green tube for $2.99 or so and it's mainly cucumber and elastin. It may not really do anything, but in my fantasies it seems to help reduce those bags and dark circles, especially when jet lagged. It's transparent, a drop or two goes a long way, it feels very refreshing, especially on a hot day, and you can feel your skin tightening after you put it on. It moisturizes, although it's not in the least greasy, so it'd probably be good to apply during a long flight, to avoid getting dried out. It's also virtually scentless.

Guest WetDream

As the Kim Stanley (poor dead thing) said in The Goddess, "I am a natural beauty like Ann Sheridan." Therefore, I have little need of cosmetic improvement.

MMK is right. No string could be gayer. With that in mind, a comment regarding what seems to be common practices in the gay community is probably appropriate. Unfortunately, the most important advice is what we ought not to do. When you hit 40 or 50, no usage of skin care products can reverse the damage we've already done to our skin if we tanned and smoked. Unfortunately, we generally learn this after the fact. That being said, reading everyone's beauty regimen is still really interesting.

Archived