Lypsinka

Guest EWC
This topic is 8387 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Lypsinka - Anyone seen it in either NY or LA. Looking for something I can take my 80 year old aunt to. It's either this, The Vagina Monologues or The Picture of Dorian Gray.

EWC

I saw Lypsinka in Los Angeles a number of years ago. The program consisted of a hundred or so musical snipets strung together to tell a story. It was enormously entertaining and g rated (with a few double entendres). If he's still doing a variation on this theme, it is very appropriate for any audience.

What city are you in? If you're in L.A. (where Lypsinka is currently appearing), you certainly have other choices! I'd highly recommend "3hree" at the Ahmanson, for example. Don't know what your timeframe is, though. You missed "Dame Edna: The Royal Tour;" she might've enjoyed that. Next at the Shubert is "Saturday Night Fever."

Good luck! (Of course there's always "Southern Baptist Sissies!")

>Lypsinka....

>It's either this, The Vagina

>Monologues or The Picture of

>Dorian Gray.

Please tell me WHAT city in America has

ONLY Lypsinka, the Vagina Monologues

and The Picture of Dorian Gray as it's

choices in theatre?

You have to admit it's a strange threesome!

Put them all together and you have an aging drag queen talking to her non-aging vagina.

Now there's a show worth seeing!

Thanks for the posts. To clarify, I've already seen most of the other stuff playing and all of the suggestions. I'm in LA, by the way.

Dame Edna was spectacular, and she was my first choice, but the show didn't run long enough. The new stuff coming out mostly hasn't opened yet.

EWC

Guest Jocoluver

I agree Dame Edna was spectaular. Way above my expectations!! One of funniest shows I have ever seen. I saw it at a Sunday 3pm matinee. Surprisingly HUGE number of senior citizens in sold-out theater - of course, with LOTS of "friends of Kevin."

Umm.... that's friends of KENNY, Possum!

As in:

"I never thought/

I'd ever see so many/

Friends of Kenny!"

Thrust your gladiolas!

(P.S.: I agree... Edna was wonderful! Couldn't believe how she worked in that Robert Blake reference!)

Guest Jocoluver

I am soooo embarrassed! How could I make such a mistake!

How she/he worked in that live telephone call from the stage of the Shubert to the baby-sitter for the child of a lesbian couple . . . . Also, she nearly ruined our dinner at Spago with her description of his/her daughter's home - 2 women kept right on eating on stage during that revolting recitation! . . . .

LOL... well, there was a girl-girl couple eating on stage the night I saw it (the first Friday) but they weren't the ones with the babysitter, as I recall.

Sigh... made me want to do a quick weekend turnaround to Barstow!

Archived