Gaiety Review week ending 10/6 (Comments Welcome)

NY Observer
This topic is 7892 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Welcome to This Week at The Gaiety, the hottest show on Broadway. This week’s show was a decent one, not the best, but definitely above average. It was fun seeing a whole lot of new performers. On Friday night, I think that 6 of the 13 dancers were first time Gaiety dancers.

You’re all lucky today, I’m not very chatty, so I’ll just get on to the review. My condolences to you Yankee fans out there. Maybe that’s why the Gaiety was so crowded Saturday night.

While trying to get some other information, I noticed that Jay from The Gaiety (recently reviewed) is at the Nob Hill in San Francisco through the 8th. He’s featured as Joe there. You can check out his pic at http://www.nobhilltheatre.com.

This Week’s Awards:

Best Show (1st Song): Angel

Best Show (2nd Song): Angel

Fan Favorite: Dominic

Most Improved: Chad (from Friday to Saturday), Roman

Best Dancer: Angel

Boy Next Door: Dominic

Boy Most Likely to Appear in A&F Catalog: Jeremy

Barefoot Boy of the Week: Angel

Biggest Dick: nobody was huge, not a great week for size queens; a friend nominated Nikko so I’ll go with that

Best Erection: Chad

Best Butt: tough call, I think I liked Dominic’s the most

Best Body: Dominic

Most Muscular: Scott Gunz

Best Newcomer: Dominic (in many weeks, this is by default; with 6 new guys, lots to select from; all the other newcomers were unlucky as Dominic was a very strong candidate. I liked several of the other newcomers a lot, hope they will be returning.

Best Smile: Nikko

Best Eye Contact: Dominic

Most Congenial: TJ; honorable mention Scott Gunz

Most Sensual: Angel, the towel was a sexy prop (imagine drying him off as he dripped sweat all over the place)

Most Sexual: Luis (he was announced as Luis on Friday and Louis on Saturday, not sure which was right)

Worst Shoes: Luis. Here I’ve spent all this time getting boys to take their shoes off and in comes a new crop of dancers, many of whom wore horrible boots. It looks like I need to go back to square one with some of these guys. On the other hand, some of the ones who were barefoot shouldn’t have been if they weren’t going to at least clip their toenails in the last month.

Best Dressed: TJ (honorable mention, Dominic; he must go to the same stores, they dress very similarly)

Best Underwear/Bathing Suit: Johnny

Worst Tattoo: this award has been retired

Boy Would Most Want to go Dancing With: Angel

Boy Would Most Want on your arm at the theater: TJ on one arm, Dominic on the other

Boy Would Most Want to go to the Ballgame (hockey game) with: Scott Gunz

Boy Would Most Want to go Shopping With: TJ

Boy Would Most Want to go to the Beach with: Angel

Boy Would Most Want to wake up next to: Dominic and TJ sandwich

As always, the opinions conveyed in this review are mine alone. We all have different tastes, so the guys I like the most might be the ones you like the least. There is rarely any consensus on who is “best in show”. That becomes obvious, when at the end of the weekend shows, more than half of the dancers get tips when the fans proclaim their preferences. I am frequently amazed when a patron who has not been tipping the entire night decides to tip a dancer I like the least. Different strokes for different folks.

As always, only the guys who were in the show on both Friday and Saturday nights will be reviewed. Matt dropped out after Friday night, so he will be omitted.

1. Jeremy, a cute blond, improving upper body, though perhaps a little chunkier than I remember him around his waist. Nice smile, he seemed more comfortable on stage this time around. He is a good dancer, though his music wasn’t a terrific dance song. He looked good in his D&G sweats. Jeremy was one of the two Polish dancers in the lineup this week.

2. TJ, a very good-looking guy, beautiful dresser, nice dancer as he moves back and forth across the stage. Mr. Personality, he’s friendly during the show, chatting with patrons and even more friendly in the lounge, where he is always extremely popular. For those of you who haven’t seen TJ, he is scheduled to be on the cover of the December issue of Playgirl, check him out. He’s one of the best looking guys to grace our stage. He has a great face, nicely toned body, well-endowed pretty dick and an above average butt. A good package, all around.

3. Scott Gunz, a big muscle guy, big cannon arms, nice smile, facial hair, which I thought was attractive on him. Too many tattoos for my taste and he was probably too big for most of the Gaiety crowd. I suspect he wasn’t among the most popular guys this week, only because he appeals to a specific taste. Scott was extremely friendly, outgoing on stage, asking people what they wanted to see. I don’t know if that’s his normal personality or nerves, but he seemed like a good guy.

4. Dominic, a beautiful newcomer, very hot all around, great body, incredible face, those eyes, oh my! I had heard a lot about him before I laid eyes on him, so I was expecting a lot and Dominic was all I had heard and more. He has a great physique, featuring a beautiful chest, a nicely shaped butt and a nice looking dick. Dominic has a nice seductive smile, is a good dancer, dressed in TJ-style and was incredibly conscious of the audience. I wasn’t sure what his “Grunt” tattoo meant, but it was his only “imperfection”. He was working us over really well. It was good I left all my funds at home, because this one was seriously tempting (maybe next time). He seemed quite personable and everyone I spoke to about him seemed to like him. He’s good friends with TJ, so that in itself is a good reference.

5. Roman, our Czech entrant this week, a nice looking blond, well-developed physique, much improved performance. He is a decent dancer, has a well-toned chest, nice ass which he is increasingly showing off. He is reasonably well-hung, not huge, but not a disappointment either. He tries to be friendly on stage, needs a bit more practice, it doesn’t seem to come as natural to him as to others.

6. Nikko, a compact muscular guy, always wears a hat (to protect his shaved head), excellent body, beautifully rounded big butt, nice big dick, even when it’s not totally hard. He looks hot in a pair of tight jeans. Nikko has a great smile and is very personable, has a very well-toned body. I didn’t particularly like that he came out on stage shirtless for his first number. To me part of the eroticism of The Gaiety is watching the guys take their clothes off. He was the lone Montreal participant this week.

7. Shad, a new performer, from the Nob Hill in San Francisco (see the reference above to check out his picture, he’s under performers). Shad is a nice looking guy, some Black blood but with bleach blond hair. I believe he has some French ethnicity in him, as he spoke with an accent. I felt that his show improved dramatically during the weekend. He was much more sensual later on, teasing the audience effectively. He has a nicely toned body, especially his chest, decent butt, beautiful eyes. He has very long legs. He moves gracefully on the stage, putting on a good show. He too came onto the stage sans shirt. Later on in the week, he wore sneakers instead of going barefoot. You all know my thoughts on this issue. Tsk, tsk.

8. Luis (or Louis), a Latino (I think), rumored to be from Puerto Rico, but I thought living in Florida (it seemed to be a theme this weekend). He was a good stage performer, clearly knowing his way around the stage. He had all the bells and whistles, with the tear away pants, the nice underwear, lots of stage presence and a good stage personality. He had a good body, well-proportioned all around. He had nice legs, a good-looking butt, a nice dick. He didn’t seem at all nervous on stage; it was quite surprising when he forgot all his tip money in his first show and even worse, left his clothes behind when he ran off the stage. These Florida boys need a lesson on sexy footwear on stage. They wore these horrid boots, what kind of nudity is that? Perhaps they are used to the clubs where they dance in g-strings and put their tips in their boots. Over the almost 3 years I’ve been writing this review, I’ve converted many dancers (and patrons) to the barefoot thing. I guess I will have to start the refresher course for these newcomers from down south.

9. Angel, my favorite this week, what a great stage performer, a really outstanding dancer. This week he danced even better than I’ve seen him before, the music was very inspirational and he put on a good show, sweating up a storm. Angel is a nice looking blond, very good body, soccer legs, big nicely rounded butt. To me, he keeps getting better looking. During his second song, he sweats so much that one regular threw him a red, white and blue towel which he used nicely as a prop, seductively toweling himself off. He has a beautiful smile, he clearly enjoys his stage performance.

10. Johnny, another Latino newcomer, like his buddy Luis, a polished stage performer. Johnny came out on Friday night with loud orange pants (tear away) and these hideous wrap around tinted shades. When he removed them, he looked much better, nice eyes, face. He had a nice smile and his body was nice to look at, very symmetric. I liked his underwear selections on both evenings. He had a butt that had the hooters happy and he seemed to understand that the more he showed, the more happy they would get.

11. Leo, a Venezuelan dancer, looking better (to me) than he did on his previous appearances. I think he put on a much better show than I had remembered. He smiled a lot, danced well, showed off his body well. He has a very nice physique, nothing wrong with him at all. My memory is that he used to scoop up his tips right at the beginning of his routine and then spend the rest of his routine away from the audience. This has changed, he’s much better at working the crowd.

12. Keith, a handsome African American, nice body, shaved head, nice face, well- toned body, decent sized uncut dick. He didn’t do much dancing on stage, didn’t show off his body too much, perhaps a bit nervous.

That’s it for this week. Next week sounds like a very good looking bunch. Predicted order is (1) Austin (2) Dave (3) Trevor (4) Gino (5) Luc (6) Christian (7) Daniel.

There will be no review for the week starting the 14th of October. I will be out of town and I believe Valley Dweller North will be traveling also. Depending on my schedule, I may do a mini one mid week.

Have a great week.

Hugs,

NYO

RE: Gaiety (Comments Welcome)

NYO...

Once again, thanks for helping me relive that wonderful Gaiety experience. You do a great job week after week. THANKS! I really mean it.

I see we are in agreement with the outstanding review on Dominick. When I first saw him dance on Monday, I knew he was someone special. He had a great week and told me "HE'LL BE BACK". As for his tattoo "GRUNT", it has to do with his military days...I hope TJ has more friends like "D" to bring along!

Q. I recognize the names of all next week's dancers but one, "Daniel", new or old? any description to help? thanks...

Q. What happened to Matt (from Fri)? He was very tempting and had great looks.

Finally, I know you probably enjoyed a good laugh on Fri. when the dancer left his clothes and tips on stage. ;-) Somemone has to teach these new dancers the ropes..

Guest Bitchboy

RE: Gaiety Review week ending 10/6

Excellent review, NY Observer. It's like a front row seat WITHOUT undergoing the horror of sitting next to that bozo in the Hawaiian shirt. :-) :-) :-)

RE: Gaiety Review week ending 10/6

Blush, thanks guys.

Let's see...

Daniel, tall, shaved head (or very short..he frequently wore a hat), handsome, Brazilian I think, hasn't been there in a long time (maybe close to a year?), kind of cocky, but good looking.

Gino, no, not Aiden. This one used to be Gabriel, from Hungary. Name change.

Bitchboy, thanks, that made me laugh :+

Archived