Eddie at the Gaiety

Guest wills
This topic is 8570 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Hey Skeptic, if anything will get you out of hiding, this might do it:

After being away for more than a year and a half, I am hearing very strong rumors that big dick Eddie, your Portuguese powerhouse from Toronto, is returning to the Gaiety stage for a week starting January 29th.

I hope you get to meet him and I hope that you are able to relive some of your enjoyable memories. He sure continues to be a pleasure to me even after four years and even after he left the stage at both the Gaiety and Remingstons.

Hey, if you want to get in touch with him before he comes down, he can be reached at justeddie@hotmail.com . Too bad more of the dancers don't let us know ahead of time when they will be at the Gaiety. I know I like to know who is there beforehand ( remember how the performers used to be listed out front at the street level entrance). I'm sure it would be benefitial to both the dancers and Denise.

I hope his visit is not just a one shot deal.

Enjoy

what did happen to skeptic- i really miss him- he raised the whole intellectual level of discussion on this board and then just disappeared. does anyone know? blu

Guest steveyboy

Do you know if Eddie is coming down alone? Is he bringing along any of his Toronto friends? If I remember correctly, he used to come down with a buddy.

Wills,

Last year a lot of us were hoping to finally have a way to find out who would be dancing in advance. There were web pages and sites trying to list the dancers ahead of time but none of them lasted or worked. There were countless problems with Denise and calling and trying to find out from her unfortunately remains to be our only option. I've had the worst luck with her giving the lineup over the phone, but you also have to realize the list is always tentative. Sometimes by Monday afternoon scheduled dancers still end up not showing.

Unless he plans to surprise me, I believe Eddie will be coming down solo this time. Having worked at Remington's for several years, Eddie was friends with many of the great Toronto dancers that graced the Gaiety stage throughout the 90's. I know he came down several times with his best friend, TROY. Occassionally, he happened to be down at the same times as that other big dick from Toronto: JAKE. Sometimes as many as 6 of the 13 dancers on a Friday and Saturday nights were from Toronto.

Sometimes, I think that it would be interesting if Denise would do theme weeks (something like they sometimes do on Who Wants To be A Millionaire - but not quite). One week of just the great dick of Toronto, other week of just the great dicks of South Beach, etc. I wouldn't mind a master's tournament ( a body building term refering to men in their 40's who are still good enough to compete).

I'm another big Eddie fan & regular from the old days, and so I was thrilled to see Wills' heads-up on his return to the Gaiety--supposedly next week. (When Eddie 'retired' a while back, one reason was that he was getting married, so I wasn't all that optimistic about his ever coming back.) Over the past week, I've emailed that 'justeddie' address twice, but so far there's been no response. Frankly, if that's really Eddie's email address, & he reads his email, I'd be very, very surprised he'd ignore a message from me.

So, Wills, maybe an update from you would clear up the mystery.

You've actually communicated with him using that address? How about it? (I guess there's no use asking Skeptic if he was any more successful!)

As for that other Toronto sweetheart, Jake, I'm afraid we may have seen the last of him, too. Last time he was here, I got the feeling that being a rave-part-Meister up in Toronto was going to occupy all of his time from now on.

Hi CZ:

I just talked to Eddie last night and I plan to pick him up at the airport on Friday (I have some very interesting things planned for him this weekend). I will let you know when he is definitely in the city and in my arms.

The e-mail address I listed is definitely correct. I just e-mailed his this topic to let him know that somebody is looking for him. I am surprised that he has not responded to you. I know he is working at his full-time job right up through Thursday this week. Maybe he has been overwelmed by his fans. Maybe if we get sometime this weekend, I will sit him down at my computer to get him to answer his mail.

He says he has been working out seriously all month. I'm sure we will all be in for a treat next week.

wills, do you know what name "Eddie" used when he was working in Toronto? I have been a pretty regular vistor to Remingtons since the place first opened, and I don't remember any dancers there who used the stage name of "Eddie" - and from your brief description of him he sound like someone I *would* have remembered.

Anyway, I'll be in NY next week so, if he's at the Gaiety, I guess I will get to find out for myself ...

Eddie performed at Remingtons under the name of Philip. He was a regular fixture there throughout his college years in the early 90's. I understand that he was already there when Remingtons operated under a different name (was it bachelors) and possibly at a different location. He phased out his Remingtons career when he moved on to the bright lights of Broadway (or at least 46th St). He was no longer working there when I first met him in 1996.

He is 5' - 5" tall and had an gymnast's build weighing around 150 lbs while he performed at Remingtons. He has since transformed himself into a championship body builder (I was at his 1999 show) and will be competing in Canada this summer as a light heavyweight (184 lbs). He has a big uncut dick that has a rather unusual profile.

I have heard the same rumors about Jake from a pretty good source. Too bad. Jake did admit to me that Eddie is bigger than himself.

Oh, and yes, Eddie is married. His wife is as nice as him. I spent sometime with both of them last summer and was able to take them to dinner around the time of their first anniversary. I hope to make that an annual tradition.

OK, thanks - while I still can't quite picture him, at least the name "Philip" sounds somewhat familiar - I was at Remingtons quite a lot in the early years so I have almost certainly seen him there.

If he's a 5'5", 184lb, light heavyweight then he's *exactly* my type - I'll definitely look out for him in NY

Yeah, you may have to look hard, though, since Denise was utterly bewildered by questions about Eddie's 'return' to the Gaiety--as much as she'd welcome it.

Maybe we've all misunderstood Wills' original post. But I wouldn't count on hearing from Eddie any time soon. And I hope Wills won't mind my ongoing skepticism (sorry, Skep!) about the 'justeddie' email address and E's announced arrival in NYC today.

Let's stay tuned!

well, I guess we will have to wait until Monday to see who is right.

Eddie definitely is in New York - He is standing over my shoulder as I type this.

He is excited about hitting the stage on Monday.

Well, let's hope he lets Denise know he's hitting the stage on Monday. I think Wills will agree that's one phone call he really needs to make this weekend.

Whew! CZ, you really had Eddie and I a little worried all weekend (more me than him).

CZ, I don't know what game you were trying to play, but Denise was definitely expecting him when he showed up for the 1:30 pm show today and you definitely did not e-mail him at justeddie@hotmail.com .

I just came back from the show. The Portugese Powerhouse from Toronto is sandwiched between two hot Brazilians in the lineup. And they follow a hot one from Argentina. The Latin blood was sure flowing tonight.

Yes, Eddie was definitely there - I just saw the 10:30 show and there he was.

During his first song I wasn't sure whether I had seen him in Toronto or not - I thought that I *might* have done, although I was sure that I had never actually spoken to him. The second song removed all possible doubts - I had definitely *not* seen him before. I might have forgotten his face, but there is *no* way that I could have forgotten that dick ;-)

Guest paulnyc

What is all the commotion over Eddie? He is way past his prime to be dancing at the Gaiety and at Thursday night 6PM show, he couldn't even get a hard on.

Sorry guys, I must have worn him out last weekend ....just kidding. I saw him on the stage twice this evening and he looked just fine. He says he was just a little more rushed between songs than he was used to. Believe me, he can get HARD.

Tying my thoughts back to another thread on this message center, Eddie is living proof, given the right chemistry, that something that starts out simply can turn into a great friendship.

By the way, his cell phone number through Sunday evening is 917-502-6095.

I saw Eddie on Friday night and was instantly smitten with him. It was my third time at the Gaiety and I have no idea what the procedure is in terms of contacting the performers. Does Eddie even give "private performances"? Has anyone been fortunate enough to have had one, and if so, what did it entail? Is there any word on when he might return to NYC?

I'll keep you guys posted if or when he ever returns, but I have strong feeling that Eddie is near the end of his "career" at the Gaiety.

I know that at the end of May, he will begin a serious regiment of dieting and training leading up to two body building shows in September. He would like to come down during that training time. If you thought he was impressive last week, you should see as he gets closer to his shows.

All I want to say is that I always enjoy every minute when I am with Eddie.

Well, "contacting" the performers at the Gaiety is usually very simple - you just head for the lounge at the end of their performance and wait for them to show up. Usually they will come out in a few minutes to see who might be there waiting for them.

Of course, if they already have an appointment set up with someone they may just dash out the door without talking to anyone . If you want to be sure of getting their attention then tip generously while they are on stage and that pretty much guarantees that they will be looking out for you later.

As for "private performances" - I have never heard of a Gaity dancer who didn't do "privates" - it just doesn't make any economic sense for them to be there unless they are available for hire. While they do get paid for appearing at the Gaiety they don't get very much, and the guys from out of town probably don't even cover their expenses until after they have done their first private show of the day. A good dancer will probably average at least 4 or 5 a day.

Archived