Montreal

Richard
This topic is 8643 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

If there are any web deals for airfare this weekend, I was thinking about going to Toronto or Monreal this weekend.

I have been to Toronto several times and have the drill pretty much down pat now, but it has been at least five years since I've been to Montreal.

I have seen here the recommendations to visit Campus and Stock and will surely do so if I make it to Montreal this weekend, but, for those of you who have been there recently, I was wondering about recommendations for a nice hotel close by these clubs.

I recall discussion of a place called Hotel des Gouverneurs, but my web searches were not successful. I thought someone said it was a Radisson now, but the Radisson website lists no property in downtown Montreal.

Can anyone supply me with the contact info for this hotel or make any other recommendations? In other cities in Canada, if in doubt, I have stayed at Delta Hotels and they have been okay and some have low weekend rates, but I would hate to be miles and miles away from the clubs. I don't know how hard it would be to get cabs late at night in Montreal either.

Thanks for your advice, guys.

Thanks Uncle. The airfare piece of the puzzle is less of an issue for me. Several of the airlines serving my town have service to Montreal and Toronto and have good deals for last minute fares more than half the time. I was thinking more about a nice hotel near the clubs in Montreal. A fleabag near Campus or a nice place miles away could put a damper on the weekend for me.

I don't have the number for the Gouvenour (sp?). But I usually stay at the Crown Plaza on Rue Sherbrooke. It is a couple of blocks from Ste. Catherine, but very nice and convenient and gay friendly. The corporate rate that I paid two weeks ago was equal to about $73 US for a big room with two double beds. (I always ask for two double beds, the rooms are bigger, and you get a sleeping bed and a sex bed - if those bed spreads could talk!) The number for the Crown Plaza is 800-227-6963 (800-2CROWNE).

There are always plenty of taxis at night on Rue. Ste. Catherine. There is a Metro stop under the Crown Plaza, so that is convenient too if the weather is bad.

Gouverneur Hotels 1-888-910-1111 around C$112. Their Hotel Place du Puis hotel is only two blocks from Campus and a block from Stock. No problems with "guests".

I also recommend the Hotel Governeur....it's very close to both Stock and Campus. If you're interested in a guest house, you might try the Ruta Bagage (514-598-1586) on the corner of Panet and Ste Rose. It's in the heart of the gay village. I believe it still only has three guest rooms. You have to share the bath, but it's all very elegant, and they serve a very nice gourmet breakfast....

• 2 weeks later...
Guest paulnyc

I stayed at the Saint Andre. It is perfectly respectable (clean, European style hotel) and cheap. They serve a great breakfast in your room and they are located just across the street from Stock and around the corner from Campus. The clientele is mostly gay and they have no problems with visitors to your room. I don't imagine there is a better deal in town.

Archived