Anita Baker cancels Atlanta concert 'minutes' before it starts

Ali Gator

Jazz / R&B singer Anita Baker canceled a concert in Atlanta just minutes before it was supposed to start the night before Mother's Day. Angry fans - some who paid more than $50 to park their car before heading over to the arena - took to social media to air their grievances. Apparently, this is something she has done many times in the past 40 years, since she started performing.

I've never heard of her, but I'd be upset, too......there is some talk in the comments of arthritis she may have flaring up suddenly just before the concert......I don't know.......

20 hours ago, BuffaloKyle said:

ok, thanks for that.....I do remember hearing that years ago regularly........but never knew who it was - or I forgot since........great song.......

I absolutely love her music but she's done this more than once and it's become a problem.  Last year she did a joint concert with Babyface in NYC and showed up over an hour late, only sang like 4-5 songs and didn't even want Babyface to perform.  Not to mention she only sang the chorus to most of her songs and cut the show early.  

On 5/13/2024 at 7:28 PM, harlow said:

I absolutely love her music but she's done this more than once and it's become a problem.  Last year she did a joint concert with Babyface in NYC and showed up over an hour late, only sang like 4-5 songs and didn't even want Babyface to perform.  Not to mention she only sang the chorus to most of her songs and cut the show early.  

I heard about that. Apparently she pissed Babyface off. No one does that.