Glenn Close says 'Sunset Blvd' movie still moving forward

Ali Gator

Glenn Close is determined to get the Sunset Boulevard remake made.

“It’s moving forward,” Close, 77, exclusively told Us Weekly of the film at Variety’s 2024 Power of Women luncheon in New York City on Thursday, May 2. “The movie is in the works and I’m not giving up on that one.”

The Oscar nominee added that she loves the character Norma Desmond, whom she previously played in two separate runs of the Sunset Boulevard Broadway musical.

“It’s so beautiful to me that she’s always still so relevant. The time passes, but that character is always important,” she said. “We’re trying to find a director, we have a great script. … That character of Norma is so heartbreakingly beautiful and will never not have relevance, it’s been a great blessing to play her and I’m not willing to let her go yet without one more tribute.”

WWW.USMAGAZINE.COM

Glenn Close exclusively told Us that the ‘Sunset Boulevard’ remake she’s set to star in is ‘moving forward’ and has a ‘great script’

I'd pretty much given up hope that the movie would ever be made, so I'm glad to hear that Glenn Close hasn't.

I had the enormous pleasure of seeing her in Sunset Boulevard in L.A., New Year's Day 1994.  She was absolutely amazing.

I saw Buckley in 1996 on Broadway, and saw Close in the 2017 revival on B'way. Both gave fascinating performances. 

I also saw Petula Clark on tour in 1999 - the less said the better. Not a memorable performance at all.