Emmett Andrews

Candyman
This topic is 8674 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I was supposed to meet Emmett on his recent trip to NYC, but because of a business conflict I had to cancel. I didn't hear back from him which is not like him. I was interested if anyone met with Emmett on his recent trip and if everything is OK. He is a great guy and I really was disappointed in not seeing him.

I did meet with him, he is OK (better than OK, in fact), <g> and in fact plans to extend his stay in NYC until Friday 9/15. He had some lodging problems, and may not have been able to tend to his e-mail as often or as efficiently as usual.

That happened to me once with him. I think he has soo much going, it is hard to keep up. He's worth the wait. He changed lodging (he tried to get free rooms from clients), and when it failed, I had alread left my home, so he couldn't e-mail me. I went to the address he gave me,which took me along time to find, and he was not there. After I called him, he told me where he was--so I had to back track 10 miles, in rush hour traffic, and finally got to his place. Even though I enjoyed his company, I was frustrated, because I left in plenty of time to meet him. it did cut into my dinner hour with him, but it was still nice, nonetheless. Oh well!!!

Guest Emmett Andrews

Woodli is correct. What was supposed to be very straight-forward as far as my lodging here in NYC, turned into a nightmare! I won't go into the details, but it has been VERY, VERY difficult and I deeply regret any inconvenience I may have caused others. I tried my best to keep the lodging situation shielded from anyone, so everything would be as simple as possible. It didn't always work. But I honestly tried my best. The backup plans worked, but not nearly as smoothly as I had hoped. I also had one negative experience here that has caused me to reconsider my upcoming trip to San Francisco. At the moment, that trip is "on hold." Thanks guys for your concern! That is very kind of you!

Guest Emmett Andrews

PJ is a great guy and I really enjoy spending time with him. He has also said some very kind things about me in the past here on the site and I really appreciate that. I am a little saddened by his comment about "cutting into our lunch hour." Some might interpret that as meaning that I did not spend the full amount of time with him. PJ and I met privately in my room one-on-one for a little over an hour. He had previously invited me to dinner, as friends, which I had accepted. I do really regret not being able to stay at dinner with him until we both finished, because he is very enjoyable to be with. PJ, I just hope you'll forgive me for the inconvenience with the address, and let me make it up to you next time. Honestly.

Archived