Club Dallas bathhouse: what are your thoughts about it?

newdad

Currently visiting Dallas, and decided to go to Club Dallas last night. I had favorable experiences in Club San Diego the few times I went there, so I thought Club Dallas would be the same—I actually thought that both clubs are of the same franchise because of the names, but it seems they're not since Club SD's amenities and staff are much better (but I could be wrong and they might be a franchise, so someone correctly).

Anyway, I went there on Saturday night (last night), which means in bathhouse lingo that there'd be plenty of guys. I was there from 10PM (Saturday) until 12:30AM (Sunday). For the wet areas, it had the basic amenities: hot tub, dry sauna, steam room, and an outdoor swimming pool. The swimming pool seems to be something unique (Club SD didn't have it), but in Dallas, outdoor swimming pool is a staple of every apartment complex, so I guess it's par for the course. The steam room in Club Dallas is better lit compared to the other bathhouses I've been to, and you can see people's faces and there's not much fogginess (I think this is a disadvantage because steam rooms are supposed to be really foggy so can't see people at all). The dry sauna is much darker than other ones I've been to. The other common areas (eg, cinema, sex swing, etc.) are pretty standard and nothing too exciting, and I still like Club SD's more (heck I even like 24 Kaikan's compared to Club Dallas's).

The staff was subpar. The lines forming were getting long both checking in and checking out, and the people at the counter were taking forever to assist each person. They seemed to have more than enough staff members at the counter last night, but I could tell they didn't want to be there (I guess, I would not want to work there too but at least Club SD it took less than one minute to check in/out a customer).

As for the type of guys there, I was disappointed. I thought on a Saturday night, I would see a good spectrum of guys, but that was not the case. You got guys that look like the stereotypical bathhouse club member, but there was definitely a lack of young guys and muscled guys—these groups are of course always underrepresented in bathhouses, but there should be some representation on a Saturday night for a major city like DFW. I saw none last night. Each time I went to Club San Diego, I've been able to play with guys in their early 20's and muscled guys.

Now, I'm not sure if there was an event going on in DFW last night that prevented guys from going to bathhouses, or maybe going there from 10PM to 12:30AM was not ideal, but the selection of guys were subpar. I did manage to see a doable guy in his 30's with a twink body, but he quickly swatted my advancement. It also seemed that he was a first timer based on how he was acting. He left shortly without hookin up with anyone. I also left Club Dallas without hooking up with anyone there,  but did so because I got a Grindr message from someone hosting 8 minutes away by car.

Edited by newdad

I've been to Club Dallas a few times and I agree with your assessment.  I do think Saturday nights people are at the various clubs which might be the lower traffic of the demographic you were looking for.  I've also been to the Houston bath house and at least those two are part of the same chain.  I find the Houston one better in both layout and activities.

As far as the overall impressions of the bath house in general, to me it feels like a junior high school dance where everyone is clutching their towels and walking around in circles looking for the better guy with few stopping to actually do anything.  Granted I am one of the unattractive guys.  

The one time that worked out really well for me was when I accidentally showed up during Texas Bear Roundup (TBRU) last year.  It turns out Club Dallas was one of the scheduled activities on that Sunday afternoon.  So I was there at just the right time and kind of fit right in.  That was fun.

I think Club Dallas serves a purpose, but it's really not super impressive.

Edited by Guest

I don't really know a lot about it, but it's like a week in Dallas that is geared toward bears.  It's like a week long event.

I just happened to be traveling through on the weekend and got lucky.

WWW.TBRU.ORG