2024 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Nominees

BuffaloKyle

There are a ton of good nominees this year. Usually it seems like they nominate a ton of people I have barely heard of. One note is Cher is nominated for the first time ever after bringing it up this year that she had never even been nominated to be in.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainment/news/rock-roll-hall-of-fame-unveils-2024-nominees/ar-BB1i5j0O?OCID=ansmsnnews11

The 2024 Rock Hall nominees are: Queen of Hip-Hop Soul Mary J. Blige; powerhouse singer-songwriter Mariah Carey; half-century-plus pop icon Cher; roots rock jam band Dave Matthews Band; hip-hop pioneers Eric B. & Rakim; stadium rock hitmakers Foreigner; arena-filling guitar (and talk box) pro Peter Frampton; alt hard rockers Jane's Addiction; funky R&B legends Kool & the Gang; rock standard bearer Lenny Kravitz; Britpop poster boys Oasis; alt pop iconoclast Sinéad O'Connor; metal god Ozzy Osbourne; sophisticated R&B purveyors Sade; and alt hip-hop progenitors A Tribe Called Quest.

• 2 months later...
WWW.CNN.COM

The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame has announced their 2024 class of inductees, which include Mary J. Blige, Cher, Dave Matthews Band, Foreigner, and Kool & The...

The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame has announced their 2024 class of inductees.

In the performer category, this year’s inductees are Mary J. Blige, Cher, Dave Matthews Band, Foreigner, Peter Frampton, Kool & The Gang, Ozzy Osbourne and A Tribe Called Quest.

Jimmy Buffett, MC5, Dionne Warwick and Norman Whitfield were selected as the recipients for the Musical Excellence Award.

1 hour ago, Ali Gator said:

Cher fans have been campaigning for her for years. I'm glad to see it happening now, while she's still around to enjoy the honor. 

Cher was previously on record saying she wouldn’t want to be in the RARHOF if they paid her. Apparently she is now backtracking on that comment. 

WWW.SALON.COM

"I wouldn’t be in it now if they gave me a million dollars," the singer said previously in December