The Castro, SF: Two Thai massage parlors

bednier

I noticed that in the Castro in San Francisco that the are two Thai massage places: Ohm Thai & Wela Thai, both have the same owner. They have a number of masseurs (who also do scrubs at Wela) and so I'm very curious about your experience there!

I went to the Ohm website and the first three pictures were generic/stock photos of impossibly beautiful women receiving legit massage-like services......for purposes of this inquiry, I didn't look any further to see if men are even welcome, but I assume they are.......and I assume that, in 2024 San Francisco, a Castro location does not instantly mean "gay".......

Edited by azdr0710

11 hours ago, azdr0710 said:

I went to the Ohm website and the first three pictures were generic/stock photos of impossibly beautiful women receiving legit massage-like services......for purposes of this inquiry, I didn't look any further to see if men are even welcome, but I assume they are.......and I assume that, in 2024 San Francisco, a Castro location does not instantly mean "gay".......

Can’t assume that in 2024 WEHO, Hillcrest in San Diego, the village in NYC, Boystown in Chicago isn’t even called that anymore. For better or worse the “gay” spaces are going away 

13 hours ago, azdr0710 said:

You might be right, but I'll consider paying them a visit and report back. If anything, they do look worth it for therapeutic massages alone

• 1 month later...
On 1/26/2024 at 10:16 AM, harlow said:

Can’t assume that in 2024 WEHO, Hillcrest in San Diego, the village in NYC, Boystown in Chicago isn’t even called that anymore. For better or worse the “gay” spaces are going away 

On 1/26/2024 at 10:16 AM, harlow said:

Yes, Boystown is no longer.  It’s now Northalsted… all one word.  Boystown was deemed triggering for non-gay people.