Chen in San Diego

Casual

How in the world does he make a living for himself with rates at such dirt cheap levels? Hopefully he offers a more sensual experience at a higher rate to put food on his table in San Diego of all places. If not, perhaps he is fully or overly booked at his super low rates to maximize his earnings. 

• 1 month later...

I had a 90 minute session with Chen and he worked for 105 minutes.  The rate (before tip - which I don't think was expected) was $130.  He gave an amazing therapeutic massage.  It was pretty much perfect pressure.  There were no sensual elements to it.  I did tell him about rentmasseur and he seemed interested in that.  He's very nice, and his space is clean in a professional building.  I'm definitely going back.  

1 hour ago, Casual said:

I had a 90 minute session with Chen and he worked for 105 minutes.  The rate (before tip - which I don't think was expected) was $130.  He gave an amazing therapeutic massage.  It was pretty much perfect pressure.  There were no sensual elements to it.  I did tell him about rentmasseur and he seemed interested in that.  He's very nice, and his space is clean in a professional building.  I'm definitely going back.  

Did he drape you?

On 1/8/2024 at 4:34 PM, dctraveler said:

How in the world does he make a living for himself with rates at such dirt cheap levels? Hopefully he offers a more sensual experience at a higher rate to put food on his table in San Diego of all places. If not, perhaps he is fully or overly booked at his super low rates to maximize his earnings. 

Are you certain that he does massage full time?

I know plenty of masseurs who have outside jobs (full or part time) in addition to their massage services. That's why their massage schedule includes only certain days or hours. 

34 minutes ago, Marc in Calif said:

Are you certain that he does massage full time?

I know plenty of masseurs who have outside jobs (full or part time) in addition to their massage services. That's why their massage schedule includes only certain days or hours. 

Have no idea if he does it FT or PT. But even as a PT masseur, I'd think he should charge a bit more especially with the positive feedback that @Casual provided. 

Edited by dctraveler

Yes, I believe you can book him any day of the week.  I'm guessing his rates are low because he's new, and he recognizes his studio is small.  It's the kind of building that allows different providers to lease small rooms.  It was very comfortable and clean, and the table was heated.  He also had a space heater he would move around that I appreciated.  I was not draped. 

50 minutes ago, Marc in Calif said:

When you contact him about raising his rates, you might have better luck telling him about this typo in his ad:

... each massage will be trailered for your specific needs. 😘

Haha

• 1 month later...

I had another appointment with Chen.  I booked 90 minutes same day but he gave me 2 hours.  It was an amazing therapeutic massage again.  I was draped with a very light cloth when I was face up.  He charged $140.  When I paid with Venmo, he actually told me I was tipping too much (it wasn't a huge tip).  Anyway, he's very sweet and very professional.  I still recommend him for a fantastic massage, even if there are no erotic elements.  

6 minutes ago, Casual said:

I had another appointment with Chen.  I booked 90 minutes same day but he gave me 2 hours.  It was an amazing therapeutic massage again.  I was draped with a very light cloth when I was face up.  He charged $140.  When I paid with Venmo, he actually told me I was tipping too much (it wasn't a huge tip).  Anyway, he's very sweet and very professional.  I still recommend him for a fantastic massage, even if there are no erotic elements.  

How's the parking situation?

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, 7829V said:

How's the parking situation?

I've had lots of parking options both times. 

Oh, I did ask him about the escapism and pleasure part of his ad.  He was very gracious and said (via text), "I'm not a judgemental person and this is an open-minded question:  Are you looking for extra services?"  I told him I wasn't (I really wasn't), and he said that part of his ad had caused confusion. He's removed that part.  I also let him know about another typo, and it looks like he tried to but didn't quite fix that. 

One reason I like to go to gay massage therapists is because I stay hard and leaking during a massage, even a therapeutic one, and I feel like gay massage therapists are less likely to be offended.  I asked him after this last session if I made him uncomfortable in any way.  He said no and said he was glad I'm his client.  

Edited by Casual