“Tis the season” to help the disadvantaged

ICTJOCK

I was talking in a different post about the holidays and as a provider to take a little time to communicate and act as a “sounding board” to those clients that feel inclined to talk about the season and some of their own challenges.                                                    

I was absolutely inspired several years ago by a friend of mine who works for a local law firm.  He takes time to work in a homeless soup kitchen on Thanksgiving.  He preps food and serves on Thanksgiving morning and helps 2 or 3 other times per year in the similar way.  He has talked about the importance of giving, not just now, but throughout the year.    I don’t do that, but I do always lend a hand and an imitation for a friend or two for both Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners.  They are alone and would probably sit at home on these holidays.  One of them doesn’t drive and either my boyfriend or I pick him up and take him home.   Our day is richer by spending time with them.   Last weekend (in the photo), We took a mutual friend out for her 69th birthday.  She’s like a mother to my bf and really had a great time with dinner and cake after.                    

Even the small things can make a big difference during the holidays.  Hope you have a great season!

IMG_1695.jpeg

Edited by ICTJOCK