The 23-24 NBA season

samhexum

We've had baseball threads for several years, but are there enough basketball fans here to support an NBA thread?  Let's find out!

I honestly have never watched the sport much, but I've followed the league closely through the media over the years.

As a Bucks fan, I was JAZZed about them getting Lillard, although now a bit less so, since it SPURred the Celtics to go on a Holiday with Jrue.  The combination of deals NETS the Blazers an excellent return, even if the draft picks are mostly years away.  The trades also probably KNICKS the Knicks' chances of even getting to the conference finals.  The HEAT has certainly been turned up in the Eastern Conference, but the Heat will probably be fine, as they are WIZARDS at finding unheralded talent.  Every year they seem to pull off some kind of MAGIC.  I don't want to be too CAVALIER about the Bucks' chances this year, and I'll be watching them like a HAWK.

I'm not in the mood to continue this punnery, so you should try to work as many teams as possible into your answers.  Some easy ones would be: PISTONS, BULLS, SUNS, KINGS, ROCKETS, TRAIL BLAZERS, NUGGETS, THUNDER.

Edited by samhexum
for shits and giggles

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The Knicks are acquiring a precious player:

The Raptors are finalizing a trade to send OG Anunoby to the Knicks in exchange for a package headlined by RJ Barrett, Immanuel Quickley and a 2024 second round pick, according to ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski (Twitter link). Wojnarowski tweets the pick the Raptors are acquiring is a 2024 second round pick via the Pistons, which appears to be atop the second round.

According to Wojnarowski, forward Precious Achiuwa is part of the deal to New York (Twitter link). Shams Charania tweets Malachi Flynn is also included in the trade to the Knicks.

• 3 months later...

Denver starts its quest to repeat as NBA champs on Sunday.  Their forward, Michael Porter, Jr., has overcome 2 back surgeries to start for the champs; he signed a $172 million extension last year.  All should be glorious for him right now.  SHOULD...

Earlier this week one of his brothers, a fringe player in the league, was banned from the league for a gambling kerfuffle.  Today, another brother received a 6 year jail term for killing a woman after speeding through a red light while drunk.  He was in college at the time.