Autumnal Reflections told as a story:

Tygerscent

Reflections of Autumn as a story: “The season…”

in calido autumni vespere mens sentit sicut folium~

Autumn… This time of year is somehow magical and menacing to me in its bounty: the culmination of thought and feeling hangs like fruit from the wilting branches of spring and summer hopes~ 

I feel the weight of its body and the pluck of its nourishment penetrating my sour skin~ The sublime change in leaf color that gave birth to the earlier blossoms makes me light headed, detached~ I float down a bit drier… weightless even… moved by the wind in many, any and every direction~ 

Depleted of potential, aspirations retreat back into their roots~ They snuggle down… snore softly even prior to the onset of a personally ineluctable winter of introspection~ 

The reflective moon in all of its it’s phases saunters thru cool evenings, scattering shadows upon the echoes of picnic days promised and  swimming hole dives~ 

Chicken bones and an empty glass of wine~ 

Red berry and sweet white cream-stains litter my new shirt~ 

A muffled puff sigh of exhaustion slips past my lips~ 

Some part of me cradles seeds within the pulp of my pith and syrupy mess of my flesh~ 

Some part of me oozes softly around the gilded nut shell of my encrypted dreams~ 

My fingers become sticky as I hold the strange fruit~ My heart ferments into an intoxicating cider of effervescent moments that fizzle and escape into the air, soaring up to the stars, vanishing into the abyss of the sky only to be held as crystals in snowy hibernal clouds~ 

Heat yet lingers in my summer skin and radiates outwards toward days ahead~ 

I turn in slow circles… descending to the ground~ 

Laying on my back, a giant tree looms over me. I know you so well~

There is a scar where I once was sewn to a twig… There is a small nub beneath the pock where I will push thru again, unfolding and riddling out my single purpose… to give the tree and its earthen mantle something to hold on to after the thaw~ 

IMG_8439.jpeg

Edited by Tygerscent