How do you avoid HIV/AIDS?

Troyster
This topic is 8799 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I saw the line about the boy's obligation to disclose if they have HIV -- but I think we have to asume they all have been exposed to it. We have no idea where they have been.

Going with that how do you avoid exposing ourselves if we hire out -- or is that just a risk we take? I know about condoms for anal but whatelse do people do to avoid it -- or do you just take the risk? I wonder how many of the customers are positive and never say anything??

I think you are much safer if you just assume everyone has it, not just some certain classes of people. That also takes it away from prejudice. Even suspect yourself (It could change the day after your last test.) and that will help you protect those loved ones you grace with your physical affections.

Now that so many people are being careful about anal sex, the doctors can start seeing the other causes easier. They've been starting to tell us lately that even though oral is safer than anal they have cases that definitely show that HIV can be passed orally. I suggest a mint flavored, unlubed condom for oral.

But really, I am starting to rehash info that has already appeared on other threads. Have you checked through the archives for similar questions to your own?

I suck unprotected dick, but I don't let people cum in my mouth. I also won't suck dick immediately before or after flossing or brushing my teeth. Life has risks, and we each have to find some level of risk taking we're comfortable with. I haven't read about any documented cases of HIV transmission merely by wet sloppy kisses!

Guest Skeptic

Alas, though, we have! And it was one of the GENUINELY documented cases--and rather a grotesque one. As reported just two or three years ago (as I recall), it happened to a married couple, with the husband infecting the wife via prolonged & repeated deep kissing--because both had severe periodontal disease!

Sorry even it bring this up. Unsettling, but true (and perhaps Dr.G could confirm I'm not talking nonsense here).

Guest Dr. DG

I remember that case of transmission suspected from the kissing periodontal-disease couple. This was the suspected cause but was never really confirmed. If they were a married couple, it is more likely that HIV was transmitted sexually as opposed to the bleeding gum theory. However, with HIV and body fluids, what Bilbo recommends is closer to the truth. Although it is possible to transmit HIV through any body fluid exchange, it is highly unlikely to be a major route of infection. This is not to endorse unsafe sexual practices, merely to say that many cases where HIV was reported by means other than unprotected genital-anal or genital-genital contact remain to be proven more directly. As with any medical situation, outside of biological "smoking gun", it is difficult to prove anything more than association. All that means is you can say something like stab wounds are associated with knives, but can't say which knife actually did the stabbing!

Just use condoms and other safer sex techniques correctly and consistently. And use the most important safer sex technique of all--common sense!

Thanks for listening. I know many of you think I advocate sex in biological containment conditions, but I advocate patient welfare as being more important than a quick but potentially fatal orgasm.

Archived