Little Shop of Horrors with Jeremy Jordan

foxy

This afternoon I saw Little Shop of Horrors. It’s a show I really like. I saw the first production in the East Village in 1982 with the great Ellen Greene playing Audrey. After that I saw it in 2003 with Hunter Foster. Unfortunately I missed the Encores production with Jake Gyllenhaal in 2015 but saw Jonathan Groff in 2019. Today was Jeremy Jordan playing Seymour. Interesting all these handsome guys playing a nebbish. It’s a small theater and I was in second row orchestra center with no one in front of me. I was about 8 feet from the edge of the stage. At the end when the plant Audrey leaps forward into the audience I almost got eaten. 

8F2EEACF-13E6-49A0-A3E1-3CC1379F325E.jpeg

31647657-6802-44CD-BF24-85EEDC086E3E.jpeg

7BD4237A-67DD-4E43-915E-5867053A0327.jpeg

This was Hunter Foster in 2003 when I saw him in the show. At the time, after the performance Hunter was posing for photos with Kerry Butler who was Audrey  For a $20 donation for Broadway Cares you could be in the photo with them. So I did it. I’ve cut myself out of the photo but just before the picture was taken I slipped my hand around Hunter’s back. That was worth $20. 

IMG_3250.jpeg

On 9/10/2023 at 8:30 PM, foxy said:

This was Hunter Foster in 2003 when I saw him in the show. At the time, after the performance Hunter was posing for photos with Kerry Butler who was Audrey 

Ah, the infamous production that started in Florida.  

I really wish Alice Ripley would have stayed with the show to Broadway.  Butler was fine, but Ripley's voice and acting were incredible.

6 hours ago, skynyc said:

Love this...who was Seymour opposite Ellen? I saw Hunter and Jake, and Jeremy when he did it a year ago...also Groff, Conrad Ricamora, and Skylar Astin...and yes, I probably go see Corbin Bleu. It's a great production of a terrific show. 

Seymour was played by Lee Wilkof in the first production I saw. Rick Moranis played Seymour in the movie which I’m sure I’ve seen but but haven’t for a long time. They made changes in the movie. Ellen Greene was Audrey again. I have to look for the movie and have another look. 

3 hours ago, BenjaminNicholas said:

Ah, the infamous production that started in Florida.  

I really wish Alice Ripley would have stayed with the show to Broadway.  Butler was fine, but Ripley's voice and acting were incredible.

Why was the Florida production infamous?