Can anyone tell me how to send money ANONYMOUSLY?

InterestingGuy

I always “pay cash”. But more frequently I’m being asked to pay through apps like Venmo or PayPal. 

I have not used them yet - but my understanding is that my name will always be known to anyone I send money. 

Is there any way to send money to someone through some sort of Venmo-type app where I remain anonymous?

7 hours ago, Just Chuck said:

I’ve used Amazon Gift Cards to send something anonymously. I just peel off the strip to reveal the activation code, photograph the front and back, and send the photos as text messages from a burner Google Voice account.

Again, why would anyone ever do that? Sending deposits prior to meeting is a bad idea. Please see the Questions About Hiring subforum if you need more information as to why this is the case. 

Edited by Unicorn

4 hours ago, Unicorn said:

Again, why would anyone ever do that? Sending deposits prior to meeting is a bad idea. Please see the Questions About Hiring subforum if you need more information as to why this is the case. 

I've sent really small amounts before meeting really just as a gratuity for booking time with me and to show that I'm serious about showing up for the time I just scheduled.  It's an amount of money that I can walk away from and only be very mildly disappointed if I lost it.

I've also put down a larger deposit for a dungeon rental as part of the session.  I think of that more like the downpayment on an AirBnB than a deposit to the provider.