Booking online

WmClarke
Go to solution Solved by FrankR,

How do clients feel about booking online? Is this the new norm?

A new masseur wants me to book online for this weekend. I certainly understand why, from the provider’s perspective.

But I’m leery of providing a credit card online. Especially since I found him on Scruff.

Thoughts? Opinion? Advice?

TIA

• Solution
6 minutes ago, WmClarke said:

How do clients feel about booking online? Is this the new norm?

A new masseur wants me to book online for this weekend. I certainly understand why, from the provider’s perspective.

But I’m leery of providing a credit card online. Especially since I found him on Scruff.

Thoughts? Opinion? Advice?

TIA

Don’t do it. It is likely a scam. 

I'd be apprehensive to provide a credit card number at this stage,  but this could really a viable form of payment for future transactions.    I'd be open,  provided security was clear.   I remember when "paypal"  first came about and I had to get over the "safety principal".    We all have security concerns in today's world.   I think the original posters concerns are valid.   

My clients book me online. No credit card required, no cancellation fees. It’s automatic and it sends all the information in a confirmation email.

It’s possible to pay online with a cc but I prefer my clients pay in person after the service, even if they want to use a cc. There are slightly lower payment processing fees that way and it puts them at ease.

Most clients prefer booking by text. They often have some questions which I’m happy to answer. I manually book them into my online system once they confirm services and time. Same as if they did it themselves.