411 on GirthFrank currently in Atlanta

top_guy_atl

I'm curious if anyone has actual experience with this guy.  He's been on RM since Sept 2022, but I haven't seen any info here (name change?).  He seems to travel between Atlanta and Orlando.  

My experience so far: Because our schedules wouldn't match up, I didn't make any contact until yesterday.  After I sent my first text message, he answered that he was driving... "can call you in 20 or so"?  I said sure.  That 20 turned into 1 hour 45 minutes.  He didn't call, but continued texting.  Not a big deal so far.  I told him I was looking for BFE, but no details and he didn't ask for any.  At this point in the conversation, I wasn't about to go into explicit details about what I wanted unless he asked.  He asked if anytime tomorrow (Sunday) would work and could I host.  I said "tomorrow afternoon ok?" and he said "yessir".  Then, I asked his rate for 2 hours and he responded "600 You picked the best".  If I was reading between the lines, I would say that response was confident bordering on arrogant.  This tells me he knows his rate is high ($300/hr, no discount for multiple hours), but I said ok.  At this point, he ghosted me.  No response from subsequent messages.  It was an abrupt ending to the conversation.  

I would like feedback from the group:

Has anyone had real interactions with this guy?  Is this normal?

I felt like we had confirmed our meeting, though some details were never discussed, only approximate time and I didn't have a chance to give my address since he ghosted me.  With an agreement on approx. time and rate... should I consider this a confirmed meeting (not that it matters)?

I realize I could have followed up again "Hey, are we still on?", but after no response from my last messages, I didn't see the point.  I feel he should have to make some effort to get my money.  Should I have pestered him at least one more time?

I have no problem moving on, just would like to know what others think.  I can't change his behavior, but I can change my own in future interactions with others.

Thanks.

you did ok.....perhaps offering a very specific time might've helped, along with neighborhood detail locations and a "yes, confirmed!" proclamation......an "are we still on?" several hours later may've jogged his memory.....

he may be very busy with many dozens of inquiries and trying to juggle who is serious.......

on the other hand, going utterly silent is never good if things look good between provider and client......

"you picked the best" is just marketing, I suppose.....I've gotten similar and I wouldn't go so far as to call it arrogant.....300/hr is apparently average these days and I don't always receive a multi-hour discount

these quandaries are very common.....wish I had a penny for every similar thread!......

Edited by azdr0710